[Build Log] Ice Dragon _Parvum custom S2.5 mATX - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Ice Dragon _Parvum custom S2.5 mATX

post #1 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Ice Dragon _Parvum custom S2.5 mATX

. . . and so it begins

Remember - "No matter where you go . . . there you are"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Concept:

Just placed my Parvum S2.5 mATX case order last week and, of course, quite excited. This build is sponsored by ME. It will be my second system build primarily due to withdrawal symptoms as a result of a Christmas build for my son (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2JV6Mp).

The approach to this build is completely different from my 1st.

First build was all (well, mostly) practical, bang-for-the-buck and gifting my favorite little 10 yr old Gamer Dude. It was all about the learning curve with fingers crossed for that first power-up . . . the good news . . . it's still going strong (and makes me smile every day as I walk by). The problem is I constantly want to mess-a-bout with it and do some tweaking . . . the 'BAYNORATOR' just won't give up the access! (I did do a midnight assault and bumped it a bit to 4.4GHz - but, that's about it). And, frankly, there is nothing I don't like about that build.

Ice Dragon is all about having FUN . . . stealing some great ideas . . . doin' some stuff a little different . . . being a little creative . . . [working within the budget :-( ] . . . and, sparking a little human interest. It's, also, quite a bit about raising my personal knowledge base - which is the reason for sharing the journey.

Overview:
Case:
Parvum S2.5 mATX . . . retro'd to Round Grills (+ floor grills) . . . placing Whites and some Frost to enhance the night vision
[Renderings have arrived . . . see post #36]

MoB:
Gigabyte GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard . . . not yet available in EU
[apparently will not be distributed in EU]

CPU:
Intel Core i7 7700K / 4.2 GHz Processor . . . planning to do some video for junior

MEM:
Geil Super Luce White/White 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, DDR4, PC/server, 288-pin DIMM, 2 x 8 GB . . . fits the theme, good performance, more reasonably priced compared to Avexir
[WAS: Avexir Memory Kit 8 GB, RAM 4 GB x 2, Blue . . . checkout that - White and Blue lightning plasma Heatsink . . . that is just crazy (but - almost twice the price for half the GBs ???)]

Storage:
Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E250BW - Solid state drive - krypteret - 250 GB - intern - M.2 2280 - PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) . . . just better .. . (was going to take a swing at Optane, but I think it is still too soon)
[Was: [update 2017-05-10] Intel SSD 600p Series (256GB, M.2 2280 80mm NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4, 3D1, TLC)]

[Was: Crucial MX300 275GB SSD M2 2280 6Gbps 3D Nand Solid State Drive (CT275MX300SSD4)] . . . boot-up drive . . . (more to follow)

GPU:
GTX 1080 . . . first choice - EVGA FTW . . . but, budget might say, "Zotac amp" . . . (mostly memory bandwidth consideration vs current price point)

PSU:
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular / CableMod E-Series G3 / G2 / P2 / T2 Basic Cable Kit - BLACK

Cooling:
Ah-hah . . . 2 x ENERMAX Fan CLUSTER 120mm Model UCCL12N +++ 4 x ENERMAX Everest Advance 120mm UCEVA12T +++ 2 x akasa AK-FN054 80mm Pearl White case fan . . . and, then
. . . AIO DeepCool CPU Liquid Cooler (CAPTAIN 240 EX WHITE), surgically enhanced with XSPC Ion Reservoir (White)

Accessories:
. . . well, currently working on a few ideas . . . will need to get back to that later

post #3 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 43 (Unique: 38)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 60 (Unique: 42)
post #5 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 68 (Unique: 49)
In for the Parvumz.

post #6 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

In for the Parvumz.

. . . you gotz sum hard-drive goin' on . . . Cheers, __SV

post #7 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

A special 'Thank you' goes out to the following who, in their particular efforts, provided major inspiration for this project

Major inspirations

Parvum Niffers S2.25 https://www.instagram.com/p/BOZqJKHjB73/?taken-by=parvum&hl=en

@easynator Orange Horizon S2 https://www.overclock.net/t/1500433/build-log-project-orange-horizon-parvum-systems-s2

@Jameswalt1 Parvum TitanFall S2 https://www.overclock.net/t/1476225/sponsored-parvum-titanfall-completed

@niklot1981 PARVUM | Bitspower Boy S2 https://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=274247&page=5

Aussie Modder ROG Box S2.5 https://anz.forums.geforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1050

MODZERO MODZERO KIMKO - PARVUM S2.0 S2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392705-build-log-modzero-kimko-parvum-s20/

post #8 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 17)
post #9 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

OK . . . enough with the blah . . . blah . . . blah _______ let's get to some optics

while waiting for some last minute Case details developing, here is some insight on some early acquisitions:

. . . stay tuned

post #10 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

OK . . .OK __Not quite sure what just happened to my last post (???) [the one with all the pictures] . . . maybe it will reappear !

But for now - here is the general direction we are starting with . . . this is what's inside the Candy Coating

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in