Originally Posted by Aenra
Help a dinosaur out here; how did you manage to have your pics show? When i attach something, all that's shown is that tiny thumbnail bottom of my post. Somehow you've managed to have the pics show up proper?
(i hate this "new and improved" forum. The old one was perfect thank you very much)
Well, as one dinosaur to another...here is what I came up with after collecting bits and pieces from several people for a work around (geeks have a habit of giving partial instructions due to assuming some things are basic knowledge that everyone knows). It's not perfect and it's temperamental, especially the mental part, but it will have to do until the PTBs get this fixed:
1. Make sure the editor you're using is Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls. To do that:
a. Hover on the Tools button at the top of the page, then click on User CP in the dropdown menu.
b. Click on Edit Options under Settings and Options in the Control Panel on the left side of the page.
c. Scroll way down to Message Editor Interface under Miscellaneous Options; the box on the right side needs to show Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls. If it doesn't, click on the down arrow on the right side of the box and select it.
2. Click on the Go Advanced button when you first open the window to type or edit your text.
3. To insert a picture into the text, drag it from another window into the Drag and Drop File Upload box at the bottom of the message box of the text you are creating /editing.
4. Once the picture you dragged as reduced itself to icon size, drag and drop that icon to the place in your text where you want the picture to appear. The icon itself will remain below (and needs to be left there) and where you dropped it will now display a URL.
5. Delete the "&thumb=1e" at the end of the URL.
6. In this order, type "[img]" (without the quotes) at the beginning of the URL, then type "[/img]" at the end of the URL (again, without the quotes). Do not put a space before or after the brackets. Also, I found copying and pasting the added [img] and [/img] doesn't always work so it's better to type them in every time.
I strongly suggest previewing the post before actually posting it. This doesn't always work and fixing what you just did usually will not work either (it's better to cancel the post and start over). In fact, what you did isn't stable and has been known to disappear. I just noticed some of the earlier pictures I put in are gone and now need to be replaced (mutter, mutter, mumble, mumble!). I'll be glad when whoever is working on this FUBAR (which is rapidly approaching SNAFU status) gets this mess fixed (assuming it will get fixed; so far, this issue hasn't shown up in their infamous punch list).