Finally another update on the WOPR
For the LED panels I still needed to build a small shroud.
I simply cut some acrylic into shape and painted in in the same
color as the panels itself.
They were put into place just by some double sided tape.
If you know the movie, you know that the WOPR has some lables all around. At first, I wanted to
make a stencil and spray it on, but watching the movie again, made me realize, they just
used some vinyl to make the lables. So, I went over to my vinyl cutter and made my own.
And attached them already.
To start the computer and LEDs later, I needed some buttons. They should not be visible from the outside,
So I put them behind the cover at the front.
Programming the LEDs was now the last step. Its really a bunch of code. I have to thank the forum member "dirty elf" who really helped me out here.
Here you can see a picture from the work in progress, but it already shows the effect pretty good.
Now, I will install the LED panels and work on the cable management. And then its time for some final pictures and a video.