[Build Log] 8700k - Maximus X Formula - 1080ti - Lian Li PC-O11 WGX ROG - Cerberus II - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] 8700k - Maximus X Formula - 1080ti - Lian Li PC-O11 WGX ROG - Cerberus II

post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 94 (Unique: 67)
I have all 6 fans to exhaust in my case and it's fine. Only side and top rad. Honestly I don't see anything more then that being helpful. But good to see you went to hard tubing from soft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Been wanting to go hardtube for a long time. Bought petg for now, but might go acryllic later.

Also the debate of ml120 rgb and noctua chromax going on for me. Got both, and can't decide how important performance is to me vs rgb. Dont like hd120 rgb due to noise and bright LED's.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
Force User

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
Quote: Originally Posted by Agurk View Post
Did you end up with only intake from bottom btw, or did you do intake on top aswell?

Wondering about doing push/pull on bottom aswell with noctua chromax. Any idea wether that is just waist? Got lots of fans so that's not an issue.

Starting my own build on thuesday or wednesday . Can't wait lol.
I've got intake from the bottom and the top.
My side rad is exhaust.
My temps are really good and very rarely see anything above 50 deg.

I wish the case was just a little larger. I would like to do push pull on all of my rads.

Oh well.
-J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 07:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

I modded front panel cable, so doing push/pull on side and bottom radiator. Was just debating wether to do intake or exhaust on top radiator. Bottom I'm doing 1 set of fans below.

Did you get better temps and less dust doing intake on top?

Doing all out noctua chromax and halo lux for led. Skipped out on corsair fans due to performance and noise.

-A
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
Force User

I modded front panel cable, so doing push/pull on side and bottom radiator. Was just debating wether to do intake or exhaust on top radiator. Bottom I'm doing 1 set of fans below.
If you are doing a set of fans below the floor, consider raising the case with feet a bit to make sure that you are allowing them room to breathe.
Quote:
It was easier to me to be able to clean the dust filter. Plus to me it makes more sense to draw cool air directly into the rad instead of having the "hot" case air being pushed through the rad. The air in the case can get as high at 35 deg C. I had a temp probe installed in the case. That is why I made the change.
Some might say that I am going against convection (hot air rising) but I think at this scale and size, convection is really counter acted by fans .

Quote:
Doing all out noctua chromax and halo lux for led. Skipped out on corsair fans due to performance and noise.
I'm not sure I'd choose the Corsair fans again. The do OK, but I believe there are better ones out there. If I were to do it again, I'd go the route you are, good fans with the Phanteks Halo Lux.

Nice work!
-j
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 01:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Jsunn View Post
If you are doing a set of fans below the floor, consider raising the case with feet a bit to make sure that you are allowing them room to breathe.
Quote:
It was easier to me to be able to clean the dust filter. Plus to me it makes more sense to draw cool air directly into the rad instead of having the "hot" case air being pushed through the rad. The air in the case can get as high at 35 deg C. I had a temp probe installed in the case. That is why I made the change.
Some might say that I am going against convection (hot air rising) but I think at this scale and size, convection is really counter acted by fans .

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd choose the Corsair fans again. The do OK, but I believe there are better ones out there. If I were to do it again, I'd go the route you are, good fans with the Phanteks Halo Lux.

Nice work!
-j

I'll check about raising it a bit, a fair point giving it more space to draw in air..

Cleaning I deff get is easier that way, as you have positive preassure. My only concern was that you blew hot air into case so that it didnt give you better or possibly gave you horse temps due to hotter enviroment for CPU etc to work in.

Did you try both and check temps?

- A
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter
Force User

I'll check about raising it a bit, a fair point giving it more space to draw in air..

Cleaning I deff get is easier that way, as you have positive preassure. My only concern was that you blew hot air into case so that it didnt give you better or possibly gave you horse temps due to hotter enviroment for CPU etc to work in.

Did you try both and check temps?

- A
My first setup had air exhausting out of the top and side, I had the bottom as intake. My temps were far from scientific, but I did see slightly better temps with the top and bottom as intake and the side as exhaust.
Since you are water cooling, the CPU temps are controlled by the loop.
To be honest, I don't think that it will make any measurable difference.
Things like overall temp of the room the PC is in, duration of the load you are putting on it and fan speed will have greater impact.
That is my two cents.
Not sure if it helps, but feel free to ask any other questions.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 12:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Jsunn View Post
My first setup had air exhausting out of the top and side, I had the bottom as intake. My temps were far from scientific, but I did see slightly better temps with the top and bottom as intake and the side as exhaust.
Since you are water cooling, the CPU temps are controlled by the loop.
To be honest, I don't think that it will make any measurable difference.
Things like overall temp of the room the PC is in, duration of the load you are putting on it and fan speed will have greater impact.
That is my two cents.
Not sure if it helps, but feel free to ask any other questions.

Your prob right about room and load having most to say.
Fan speed have diminishing returns over a certain percentage, more important is how good the fan is to push air through a radiator, wich noctua is very decent at. Could have gone the higher ones, but it's just to much noise for the little benefit
Room I got it in has never more then 20 degrees so there I'm just fine

Might try both intake and exhaust to check what works best, thought prob don't matter that much as you say..

-A
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Forgot to post finished product so here it comes.😉

So far doing intake bottom and side, exhaust top.

Considering doing 2 separate loops though due to overclocked i9 7900x .

Thanks for all the help👍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190222_072946_1558634497507.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	271002  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190222_072916_1558634567639.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	271004  

post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
Funny) CERBERUS was my last project) in 2011

The HYDRA™

[Core i9 9900X @ 5Ghz HT - 1.34V/ ROG Rampage VI Extreme/ 64Gb TridentZ 4200Mhz / 3Tb SSD + 18Tb HDD / 2x AORUS 1080Ti Water Force WB (SLI) @ 2.1Ghz / SuperFlower 1600W Titanium/ ROG Claymore + ROG Pugio / HYDRA™ Custom case / 43" LG 43MU79-B + 2x 27" DELL UP2716-D + 84" 4K TV / Extreme Watercooling setup @ 3xD5, 5x big Radiators, 41x Fans]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in