It has been over five years since my last build log. "My 900D Water Cooled "Bucket List" Build - Rigid Acrylic Tube Adventure!"
This build has been running flawlessly for the past five years. It has had no issues whatsoever! I am sad to see it go, but.....
..........it is time for a hardware upgrade and a new build! So This is my new build log. This build will have a loose theme based on my other favorite hobby....My Corvette! I purchased the 2015 Z51 Corvette over 4 years ago and have treated it like a PC build! with over 50 modifications including a supercharger upgrade bringing the horsepower up to 700! I have a massive build thread --->HERE<---
for anyone who is interested.
This build will be using the Thermaltake Core P7 open case. It will give me more than enough room for some massive watercooling. I will be using 16mm Carbon fiber tubing and unlike my last build, it will involve a TON of fittings since carbon fiber tubing cannot be bent!
Here is my fairly complete parts list with commentary on each component.
1. Case - Thermaltake Core P7 - (This case only comes in a black finish, so I will be painting it white to match my Corvette!)
2. CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX - (I have decided to move to a AMD Threadripper platform since I have a usage split of about 50/50 between content creation and gaming!
3. Motherboard - MSI X399 MEG Creation - (Simply the best motherboard for Threadripper 2 CPU's)
4. Memory - 32GB G.Skill Flare-X F4-3200 C14 (Samsung -B die memory which will overclock well)
5. Graphics Cards - (2) NVIDIA RTX 2080ti in SLI! (enough said!)
6. Power Supply - EVGA 1600W T2 - (should easily be enough power for this system!)
7. Sleeved cables - (I have ordered two sets for the EVGA 1600W powers supply Alchemy 2.0 and a Cablemod set...I will see which one is best) Went with BitFenix Alchemy!
8. Monitors - (2) LG 32UD59-B 32-Inch 4K UHD LED-Lit Monitor with FreeSync
9. TBD Corvette Logos, etc...(decided on actual logos from the front and rear of the car plus a "supercharged" emblem!
10. Storage - (2) 512 GB Samsung 970 Pro NVME drives, and a 1TB Intel 660p NVME drive (Not sure if I will RAID-0 the 970 pros...)
Water Cooling Parts
1. CPU Block - EK Supremacy RGB sTR4 Threadripper water block
2. GPU Blocks - I have a choice....EK 2080ti blocks backplates...joined by a 3 slot terminal block
3. Memory blocks - (2) EK-RAM Monarch X4 blocks
4. Radiators - (3) FESER TFC X-changer 480mm Radiators (I already have three of these and will be re-using them...I do not think they are made anymore)
5. Rigid Tubing - 16mm OD gloss Carbon fiber tubing (Really wanted to bring the carbon fiber aspect from my Corvette into the build, so I thought this would be a good idea)
6. Pumps and Reservoirs - EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM sleeved pumps. Each with multiport tops (I will be changing out two of the reservoirs with EK-RES X3 400mm tubes)
7. RGB Fans / RGB controller - TBD still working on this...
8. Fittings - Bitspower White fittings...all types (oh yes...I bought a ton of them. I am not sure if I have all that I need since I really have not decided how the water cooling layout will be done.) ended up using 118 fittings in this build.
Almost all the hardware I purchased from my local Micro Center. It IS heaven for PC nerds like me!
I am sure I have left something out, so I will update this first post as needed...Stay tuned! This is going to be a fun build...Next post will be a recap of my painting the case parts...Can't wait to get this build started!!