[Build Log] Paradise Lost from the Ashes - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Paradise Lost from the Ashes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter
Old School OCNer

Rep: 169 (Unique: 139)
[Build Log] Paradise Lost from the Ashes

Hey my name is Joseph and I have been a long time member here on OCN. I am doing a build log for me and the wife, mostly me as I won't be focusing on her build so much. The reason why I am doing this isn't to upgrade to build a new PC because mine was outdated. I am building two new PCs because we lost our PCs, home, and our whole town in the Camp Fire in Paradise CA USA. It's hard to explain the speed of the fire as it came so quick that day, like stupidly quick I am not exaggerating look it up. Because of the speed despite being quite the distance away with in 20 minutes it was too late and my neighborhood was one of the 1st to go in Paradise. I will forever be haunted by the things I seen that day stuck in traffic when the flames came and there was nowhere to go. I took things off road for a bit and made it out to a safer road and finally made it out of Paradise 7 hours later. Just for reference it only took Paradise 12 hours to burn all the way down. Luckily my kids, wife, and myself made it out alive. In the after math FEMA wasn't any help and my insurance isn't much better. I got some help from the Red Cross and that's it about it. I posted what happened to me on Facebook and many people gave me used PC parts or at a price too cheap to pass up. So I started to rebuild in more than one way. I just got my taxes in and made the rest of the purchases today. MODZERO aka HackJoe seen what happened to me on Facebook and reached out to give me the Parvum VEER 1.0 which is the same case I had before the fire. I can't explain the emotion I get from getting stuff I once had before the fire. What MODZERO did brought me to tears and I have to thank you once again. Now I am playing the waiting game for shipping. I will update this post as I go on.

Parts:
Spoiler!

Paradise Lost:
  • Intel Core i9 9900K
  • Fractal Design Celsius S24
  • ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX
  • Ballistix Elite 32GB DDR4 3200 (16GB x2)
  • WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1070
  • NZXT Kraken M22/G12
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+
  • Parvum VEER1.0
  • Custom Southpaw Extended 65% with lubed Tealios V2 switches and 55g springs from Catweewee/Switchmod keyboard
  • Finalmouse Air58 modded with custom made Task 9 shell, paracord mod, custom made Task 9 mouse wheel with generic rubber grip, and Hyperglides.

Groups:OCN Headphones Club*OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club Peripherals: • Questyle CMA400i • AKG K712 Pro • HiFiMan HE4XX • Southpaw Extended 65% [lubed Tealios V2 switches w/ 55g springs from Catweewee/Switchmod] • Finalmouse Air58 modded
Computer: • Intel Core i9 9900K • Fractal Design Celsius S24 • ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX • Ballistix Elite 32GB DDR4 3200 32GB (16GB x2) • WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 w/ NZXT Kraken M22/G12 • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ • Parvum VEER 1.0 ITX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter
Old School OCNer

Photos of the Camp Fire:

This looks like my wife's PC and my graphics card:

Groups:OCN Headphones Club*OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club Peripherals: • Questyle CMA400i • AKG K712 Pro • HiFiMan HE4XX • Southpaw Extended 65% [lubed Tealios V2 switches w/ 55g springs from Catweewee/Switchmod] • Finalmouse Air58 modded
Computer: • Intel Core i9 9900K • Fractal Design Celsius S24 • ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX • Ballistix Elite 32GB DDR4 3200 32GB (16GB x2) • WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 w/ NZXT Kraken M22/G12 • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ • Parvum VEER 1.0 ITX
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 01:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
That before and after photo is insane! I can't imagine losing everything. You're welcome to my Parvum Systems Veer case that I used in MODZERO FOUR

https://www.overclock.net/forum/1808...rvum-veer.html.

I reached out to Parvum Systems too and they'll replace the missing parts and have offered to work in some logo/design to the base panel (we'll chat on fb work out what you want doing?).

I'll pull the case out the loft over the weekend and share what I find. Parvum asked for a list and will send out replacements. Once I've got it all together we'll look at what involved sending it out to the US.

All the best chap.

J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter
Old School OCNer

Quote: Originally Posted by HackJoe View Post
That before and after photo is insane! I can't imagine losing everything. You're welcome to my Parvum Systems Veer case that I used in MODZERO FOUR

https://www.overclock.net/forum/1808...rvum-veer.html.

I reached out to Parvum Systems too and they'll replace the missing parts and have offered to work in some logo/design to the base panel (we'll chat on fb work out what you want doing?).

I'll pull the case out the loft over the weekend and share what I find. Parvum asked for a list and will send out replacements. Once I've got it all together we'll look at what involved sending it out to the US.

All the best chap.

J.

Thank you, it does suck but worst of all losing my bed was sucked the most, but I am about to buy a new one tomorrow so things starting are looking up. I am no longer homeless and now living in an RV and about to get into a house. I got so many donations for clothing for my family and toys for the kids it isn't funny. I just got a $1000 grant for HVAC tools, which was much need as all my summer HVAC tools burnt down and I was about to going into the summer season with gauges. That is so awesome I can't thank you and Parvum enough. Now I am even more excited about this case. You got me all anxious like a little kid waiting for Christmas. This means so much I can't even explain it to you, again thank you so much.

UPDATE:
I got some keyboard parts in and spent a few hours replacing springs and lubing switches.

Got rid of the awful Haiku grip on the Air58 wheel with a Motospeed V30 grip

Also playing around with Air58 shells but still waiting on a black and red shell to come in. Gonna sell whatever color I don't like but I think I am gonna go with all black as I bought a black paracord that also came in today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in