Originally Posted by Fluxmaven
Looks like you are heading in a good direction. The Define S2 will be more pleasant to build in. Are you going to stick with 240+360mm Radiators or run dual 360s? Never heard of the fans you mentioned, and most cheap RGB fans aren't that great. More rad surface means you can run the fans at a lower RPM and keep everything nice and quiet.
I just picked up that same B-die kit. The little red plastic pieces can be popped off easily. I think it looks neat without that.
I quite like the red, I'm going very much for Red & Black type theme - fan RGBs and liquid red, and then the rest black. Not very imaginative I know - but I figure liquid and RGB can be changed so I can switch it up if I fancy!
I think I will change to 2 360 rads. Looking at the Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm Triple Fan Radiators which seem like a good option. What addressable (i.e. work with Asrock/Gigabyte/Asus sync tech) RGB fans are the best? People mention the Noctua F12s a lot but I think they are ugly as sin!
I've changed the water loop plan:
- Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT Vision Copper CPU cooler
- EK-FC RTX 2080 TI / 2080 Classic RGB Water Block
- 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm Triple Fan Water Cooling Radiator
- EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. pump)
- Mayhems Ultra Clear Watercooling Tubing (3/8 - 5/8) 16/10mm - 3m
- XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD Compression Fitting (Matte Black) V2 - 8 Pack
- Alphacool Eiszapfen 16/10mm Threaded Rotatable 90 Degree G1 / 4 Fitting - Black x 4
- EK-AF FillPort G1/4 - Black
- EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G14 - Black Nickel
- EK-AF Y-Splitter Rotary 2F-1M G1/4 - Black Nickel
I'm also going with a different MoBo - possibly still Asus but a full ATX board, or the AsRock Taichi X570. All depends on pricing tbh - I don't really want to spend more than £300-350 on a motherboard and even that feels a bit much!