Scratch built Inwin 303 clone - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Scratch built Inwin 303 clone

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 1)
Pretty much done, just ignore the power cables my psu and cablemod cables didnt show up for the weekend. ill make something to block the unused io slots and something to hide the wires up the top of the fans.

NO LEAKS

ps. Sorry for the bad photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_190615.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	283680  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
I would paint/switch those black fittings.. they disturb the uniformity of it all..

@Veii
Those spikes are not used for decoupling, but instead for "coupling".
The spikes transfer the vibrations to the underground in order to increase "precision" of the speakers.
If that's a massive stone floor, then great. If you have a light wooden floor, you should use a thick granite plate to set the speakers onto. (because that has a super high density and will basically "swallow" the vibrations, whereas a light wooden floor will transport them everywhere in the room)

For decoupling, I would use a thick foam mat (i.e. the ones used to decouple laundry machines from the floor).

If you want to go bonkers with the decoupling, use the spikes on a 2-3 inch thick marble plate (because white marble is the *****!) and put that on a slim foam mat so that all the vibrations gets transferred into the marble and stay there.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:12 AM
V3ii

Rep: 0
@Sharangir thank you for the correction !
I saw long spikes which are used to decrease surface vibration area by literally making it float as best as possible
There either may be different definitions of those type of feats - i don't know fully

But what i do know is, they look great and actually help with vibration separation

Mojave#1 Ryzen Threadripper 1950x [email protected] ([email protected] with 105BLCK) + Liqtech 360 | ASRock X399 Taichi (3.23Beta) | G.Skill [email protected]3800CL14 | RX 580 Red Devil [email protected]/2200(micron) | Seasonic Focus Platinum | Samsung 960 EVO x2 & 860 Evo
Win#2 Ryzen 1700x @3.8 + Dark Rock 3 | B350 Toma 1.K0 AGESA 1.0.0.6 / PMU 0.0.7.2 | Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666 (Hynix-MFR)@3333CL14(72.5ns) | OLD 3400WIP | Gigabyte 970 G1 1595/1900(Hynix) | Samsung 850 Evo
Bricked X370 Taichi, saving for Elmor EVC2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in