[Build Log] Fast n' Cheap:
I finally cracked and I went for an all new build.
Here is what I obtained for a 1440p, 144Hz Gaming Computer:
01. RYZEN 7 3700X - Canada Computers $409.00 (will redeem The Outer Worlds with the CPU) (3 year warranty)
02. Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler, NF-A15 x 2 PWM Fans - newegg.ca $99.95 (6 year warranty)
03. ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS AMD AM4 X570 ATX - Canada Computers $189.00 (3 year warranty)
04. G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 16-19-19-39 CAS Latency 16 1.35V - newegg.ca $183.99 (lifetime)
05. MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT - Canada Computers $458.88 (will redeem Borderlands 3 with the GPU) (3 year warranty)
06. Corsair Force Series Gen.4 PCIe MP600 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD - Amazon.ca $184.87 (5 year warranty)
07. Seagate BarraCuda ST3000DM008 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD - newegg.ca $101.99 (2 year warranty)
08. Veddha Grider Case Water Cooling Motherboard Test Bench Open Air Frame - Amazon.ca $106.14 (1 year warranty)
09. Fractal Design Ion+ 860P 80 PLUS Platinum Certified 860W Full Modular Compact ATX Power Supply with UltraFlex Cables - PC Canada $175.99 (10 year warranty)
10. Logitech G502 Hero High Performance Gaming Mouse - Amazon.ca $75.06 (1 year warranty)
11. PulseLabz Challenger Gaming Chair - PulseLabz $274.99 (10 year warranty)
Grand Total (Taxes + Shipping): $2489.68
The mouse and chair broke recently, so I had to replace them. If you don't need those then the total cost including the $20 rebate on the GPU would have been $1949.82. If I would have reused my EVGA G2 PSU the total would have been $1875.24. Now if I would have completely pillaged my current PC and also reused the HDD, Case and Cooler (probably would have needed an AM4 bracket) the grand total would have been $1521.87. I had a budget of ~$1500 in mind but the sales kept coming and once you start you can't stop!
The Optical Drive will be an LG Blu-ray R/W that I received as a replacement from LG for a defective one and has been sitting in a drawer.
I plan on doing a lot of experimenting, sort of what I did with "The Hawaiian Heat Wave" (in sig), so stay tuned as I still await shipment on some components. Refer to posts #13 and #28 for ideas on what's to come from this build log.
Let me know what you think and leave a comment!
01. How can I tell if my RAM is compatible with my Motherboard? (page 03 - post #021
02. Register your computer hardware. (page 03 - post #024
03. PulseLabz Challenger gaming chair assembly. (page 03 - post #25)
04. Join relevant clubs for your build. (page 04 - post #32)