The Lefthanded Albino Eskimo, . . . . An arctic white, Riotoro, reverse ATX build - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

The Lefthanded Albino Eskimo, . . . . An arctic white, Riotoro, reverse ATX build

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
Old, Senile, and Happy

Rep: 681 (Unique: 350)
The Lefthanded Albino Eskimo, . . . . An arctic white, Riotoro, reverse ATX build

Hi All . . .

it's been a while . . .

Some nasty hurricanes changed life around to a new normal down here in the Caribbean, but realizing that I had a whole lot of pretty decent hardware planned for some custom Caselabs builds . . . . . back before the hurricanes, I figured it wouldn't be an altogether bad idea to buy some cheap cases and with a little bling, turn a lot of boxes of parts into some working computers before they become obsolete.

The overall plan, if I can stick to it, is to keep mods to a minimum, and just add a bit of RGB bling to some lower end cases, hoping the results don't turn out too horrifically ugly.

First Up . . . . I need to make myself a new personal PC for work . . .

It's got to sit on the desk to my left, and fit under the overhead cabinets. . . . It has to be a reverse ATX so the window shows all the blingies off, and still be pretty compact to sit under the cabinets.

As it turns out, the Riotoro CR108X series are reverse ATX, and the 1088 has some nice looking, (for a budget case) RGB.

Problem is it only comes in black, . . . not to be confused with a shiny high gloss piano black, just plain ol' ugly, el-cheapo, super budget case, black.

Fortunately . . . I know my way around a rattle can, and how to drill out rivets and take sheet metal bits apart so a repaint looks as good if not better, than the original.

So here we go . . . My Riotoro CR1088 came in this week, and I spent the day ripping it apart and going with a shiny white lacquer paint job.

It looks a lot nicer than the original cow turd black already, but I'll have to wait until it's well cured and re-assembled so I can see how the RGB looks with the new white color before I get real excited and wet my pants or something.

Anyway, here's a few progress pics: (I'll probably go with one of the matx boards, since I have some slightly larger cases for the full atx boards)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Box 3.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	868.0 KB
ID:	311934  

Name:	Box 1.jpg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	311936  

Name:	Prep 2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	311938  

Name:	Prep 1.jpg
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	311940  

Name:	Paint 4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	311942  

Name:	Paint 3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	311944  

Name:	Paint 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	311946  

Name:	Paint 1.jpg
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	311948  

Name:	4th 1 done.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	508.8 KB
ID:	311950  

Name:	3 Down.jpg
Size:	422.0 KB
ID:	311952  

Last edited by IT Diva; 12-14-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
Old, Senile, and Happy

Rep: 681 (Unique: 350)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in