I'm thinking of installing my new PC onto my desk, sort of a slide out drawer and I would like to get some opinions on that. First a few things about me and what my goals are.
1. I like to build things, just for the challenge and I have access to CNC router, laser cutter, 3D printer etc. (lucky me)
2. I'm not building this as a showcase. I actually want it to be more or less hidden and minimalistic
3. I want to build it to be versatile and be able to swap parts in the future.
So here are my initial thoughts on how to build this.
- I will build the drawer myself. Not building it into any existing drawers
- Mobo size microATX (ne need for full size ATX and prices are almost the same. I love miniITX but the stuff is always much more expensive)
- GPU should be installed the normal way. No riser cards or cables. I'm assuming i need around 15-16cm height inside to house the GPU and a nice tower air cooler
- Silence is king
- 2x 120mm fans on the front, 1x120mm fan on the back
- Building material is mainly wood. I love wood
What do you guys think? If my idea makes sense, I will try and come up with some 3d CAD drawings to get a better feel for everything.
Thanks in advance!