[Build Log] "R4W" asimetric industrial case
Welcome to my Build Log!
I have been thinking about building my own PC case for quite some time, but I never got around to it.
Now the time has finally come! and I can let my hobby mania run wild.
The " R4W " scope of the project
What this project is not about
- Open / Half open case design
- Asymmetrical industrial look
- Customizable (future upgrades)
- At least 6×140/140mm of radiator surface
- IO shield looking downwards
- Loads of fun
- 100% own design
- Some kind of handle to move it around (upgrades changes)
- Everything is made in an average equipped home workshop
First thoughts and shopping
- Win any contest
- Super professional finish
- 3d printed or CNC custom parts (all hand crafted)
I have been doing some intuitive ebay shopping and I got following components:
- 2x 280mm standard radiators
- 1x 280mm radiator X-flow
- D5 pump with reservoir from EK
- EK 1080TI strix full cober block
Also the new hardware has arrived
- AMD 3900x
- 64 GB 3600 cl16 DDR4 RAM
- Asrock X570M Pro4
- Gigabyte 1TB M2 SSD
- Bag full of 16/10 EK fittings and tubes
- 2 M2 coolers
- Temp sensor
- In-line filter
- Anfi-Tec VRM and SB cooler
- Aqua Computer cuplex kryos NEXT AM4
- Aqua Computer VISION Touch (display only)
- …. many little parts
As main framework for my case I will use some left over 40×40 I-type aluminum profiles from another project.
The rest I will figure out during the project as I do not like to plan everything from the beginning.
“The journey is the destination”
The project reached v1.0
Asrock X570M Pro4
M2 Samsung 950 PRO
M2 GIGABYTE NVMe
VRM and SB Anfi-Tec
CPU block Aqua Computer cuplex kryos NEXT AM4
Display Aqua Computer VISION Touch
▲ hide details ▲
Last edited by zZ_e_Nn; 05-07-2020 at 07:45 AM.