After fidling with custom cooling on AMD graphics cards(HD 7950, 290X, 5700XT) I used my "special skills" for creating my own PC case
I wanted to do an upgrade of my PC and I also wanted smaller case, which would be placed right on my desk. I did my search according to mATX from factor and also I wanted simple color scheme without RGB - black/grey
Here are components, which will be used for upgrade of my PC:
- MSI B450M Mortar MAX
- under 90 € deal, decent VRM cooling, BIOS flashback, Ryzen 3000 compatibility, whole layout is "cup of tea",
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
- also nice deal, otherwise I would take 3700X,
- Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO
- great little cooler, cheap and great performer,
- Kingston HyperX Predator 2x16 GB 3200 MHz CL16
- cheap 32GB kit, nothing extra, at least no RGB and simple black color,
- ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO M.2 512GB
- simple SSD for OS,
- Seagate BarraCuda 2,5" 1TB ST1000LM048
- quiet HDD for data, will be placed behind MB tray through antivibration screws (inspired by Jonsbo RM4),
- Sapphire 5700 XT + Raijintek Morpheus II + VRM heatsink
- will see, how it performs in this new case,
- Corsair SF600
- small but still great PSU,
- Arctic P14 PWM PST CO 140mm
- awesome deal for decent fans.
Here is most of boxes from components:
Well, the case itself will be a tough one to make, after some time of preparing and planning I decided to use 3mm
aluminium plates for outside of case and 8x8mm
aluminium profiles for inner frame. Everything will be screwed together by M3 screws. Dimensions will be 350 x 330 x 230 mm
From old PC case (CoolerMaster Elite 430) I took whole MB tray and used it as template for new piece made from aluminium. This backside of MB tray I modified to match mATX MB and painted it with matte black spray.
A lots of things like push buttons, antivibration silicone screws, rubber wire grommets, PSU extensions, various screws and cover caps, etc I ordered from aliexpress. I still waiting for delivery on some of them. Thx to COVID-19.
4 feets for this case is gonna be used from old PC case - Jonsbo RM4, also 8 distancing screws for MB instalation are from old case - CoolerMaster Elite 430.
It took a lot of work and measuring, Dremel tool and straight saw were a big help at cutting. Almost done on MB tray, only rubber wire grommet will be placed near PSU position.
Backside panel of case is practically done, I need to screw it into inner frame and do top and bottom panel of case. I am not decided on side panels, maybe from acrylic or aluminium.
I did some preliminary test fit, if everything is fine and checks. So far so good.
Still a lot of work left and some little things from China to wait for.
Maybe painting everything into black color, I dont know. No RGB though.
So far, this is the progress. Hoping that I find more time to do this right.