WorklogCreator: Build Postable Worklogs Quick and Easy - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

WorklogCreator: Build Postable Worklogs Quick and Easy

post #1 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 854 (Unique: 469)
CURRENT VERSION: 1.0.1.7 (11/22/09)
Now supports Drag and Drop, Image Hosting Site URLs, and checks for newer version available upon start up

please skim this thread as there have been many changes, additions and improvemnts to this app - thanks

Latest Version can be downloaded here

screenshots below are outdated. Please skim this thread for info about the latest features, additions, and screen shots -thanks

Introducing WorklogCreator
This is an application I wrote to help simplify and automate the creation of worklogs, as well as manage and store them. I originally started writing this app for myself, but then I realized others might find it useful as well, so I am posting it here, for the community. The app is 100% FREE and freely redistributable in unmodified form.

WorklogCreator allows you to quickly organize your worklog photos, comments, and site settings, and will build the worklog output at the press of a button. Since worklogs are saved as separate projects, you can Save and Load worklogs at any time, coming back at your liesure to add or edit items. when you are ready you can generate the web output, and post your worklog to your favorite website (like overclock.net) In fact, I am using the app right now to make this posting

Here are some screenshots of how you would use WorklogCreator to easily build a postable worklog

First you create a New worklog by filling in the necessary fields in the New Worklog dialog

Then you can use the Add Images dialog to pick and choose the images that you want included in the worklog, in the order you want them included (a preview of the images is included in this dialog)

Once you've added the worklog items, you can add the associated comments/descriptions which will appear before each image in the final output. There is a 320x240 preview of each image in the worklog, as well as a button that lets you see a full size preview of the image, so you can see things in full detail as you are authoring your comments and descriptions

Clicking on the Full Size Preview button opens that image in a scrollable window...

Once you have all of your images and comments in place, and are happy with the flow, you can build the worklog output. From this screen you can copy the data to the clipboard and paste it into your worklog post. Preview the post to make sure all is ok, and Submit!

Worklogs are saved as projects and can be reopened at any time, to be edited and changed.

Worklog creator is free. You can download and distribute it freely as long as it is without modification.

* This Worklog post was generated using WorklogCreator - Version: 1.0.0.1
* Free Download: http://www.mod2software.com/worklogc...logcreator.zip

No install required, just download the zip, extract, run worklogcreator.exe
feel free to scan

Requirements:
-Windows XP/Vista
-.NET Framework 3.5

Upcoming Additions:
-Worklog Item Count displayed on main UI (to avoid breaching the 38th parallel) COMPLETE
-Insert Worklog Items (currently can group-add/group-delete) COMPLETE via Drag and Drop, and Item Move Up/Down
-Image resizing tools (batch operations against lists and/or directories of image files) COMPLETE
-File renaming (batch operations against directories of files) COMPLETE
-FTP Upload worklog images to web folder COMPLETE
-Generic batch/script launcher with command line params COMPLETE
-Generic app launcher COMPLETE
-Copy settings from existing worklog when creating new worklog COMPLETE

Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks

MOTM Record: 6/08 2nd post-flame-small.gif 12/08 1st post-flame-small.gif 2/09 1st post-flame-small.gif 8/09 1st post-flame-small.gif 3/10 1st post-flame-small.gif 9/10 4th to last

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Nice!!! now if I just had a USE for it. Not saying its a bad program...just more or less saying my broke ass cant afford to do anything else
post #3 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
WorklogCreator - 100% FREE with keylogger!

jk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 520 (Unique: 309)
Looks awesome What language did you write this in?

My CNC Mill Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
Burn + Electricty + Water =
But the man has the patience of a saint...
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
--Randy Pausch
Current Best Benchmark

post #5 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

thanks
VB.NET

(and since a forum director has posted here I can remove the disclaimer form the original post )

MOTM Record: 6/08 2nd post-flame-small.gif 12/08 1st post-flame-small.gif 2/09 1st post-flame-small.gif 8/09 1st post-flame-small.gif 3/10 1st post-flame-small.gif 9/10 4th to last

post #6 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 PM

looks like English to me.
post #7 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 391 (Unique: 253)
Neat idea, i'll give this a try out tomorrow!

Have you got any text formatting tools built in? (Bold, Size, Colour etc)
post #8 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 508 (Unique: 369)
nice.

Eric - FTW PC Rep
[eric [at] ftwpc.com]
Store | Forum | Facebook | Twitter | Reseller Ratings

"Like" us on Facebook for a chance to win newly released products
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy go_quote.gif
Z is a pawn to the power that was Mort. He moderates like a boss.

post #9 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Neat idea, i'll give this a try out tomorrow!
Have you got any text formatting tools built in? (Bold, Size, Colour etc)
thanks Not at the moment, but if you include them in your text manually the site should format it out correctly. It can be done but theres some other additions I am going to make first like worklog item Insert, Image resizing, and built in FTP. Idea noted.

Quote:
nice.
thanks

post #10 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

so, has anyone tried out the app?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in