MKG-RC1 (Driving Simulator scratch build log) - Page 15 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

MKG-RC1 (Driving Simulator scratch build log)

post #141 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 AM
PC Gaming Master Race

Rep: 450 (Unique: 355)
That is a SICK way to mount your motherboard to the cradle. Amazing workmanship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield go_quote.gif

Regarding a target audience... pigs roll around in mud and crap all day, they love it, but it's still mud and crap they're rolling around in at the end of the day.
OCN quotes:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoat333 go_quote.gif

LG's best Android phone is like having the shiniest turd.
(So true)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs.exe go_quote.gif

How do you think they are making money? If you have a gmail account or a phone even without gmail on it google has a folder with your name on it with all your life and private information stored. I'm talking about what IP you use to browse the internet to your bookmarks to your most visited website ( Yes, they know you do thumb.gif).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs.exe go_quote.gif

Just grab a real web browser instead. Google is ripping every single data you can give them. I wonder how long they know on you.
doh.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 335 (Unique: 283)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightm4re!;12064514 
The coolermaster v8 cooler is freaking awesome biggrin.gif

I agree wink.gif (but it's a V6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH;12064523 
I thought this was a ps3 build... Now I'm seeing a pc as well? lol

Your eyes do not decieve wink.gif

It started out as a ps3/Dukes of Hazard themed rebuild, but I decided a week or two ago to include a pc and possibly an xbox 360 also and changed the paint theme, as previously noted in the worklog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX;12064864 
Adding a PC is genius! applaud.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros;12065708 
That is a SICK way to mount your motherboard to the cradle. Amazing workmanship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktmrida4life;12063489 
Good work.

Thank you smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacophony go_quote.gif
this is how ppl eat and pay for thongs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 go_quote.gif
SoOoO I went into the closet and became.... A CLOSET DREMELER... I kinda felt weird in a mad scientist way, but it worked lol

post #143 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Ok, continuing lastnights update-

Here's a shot of the psu in place. I had to move the psu holder about 1" to the left because I didn't account for the power cord sticking out on the right side. No biggie, just unscrewed the 4 mounting screws and moved it over.

The psu cradle holds the psu tightly smile.gif It actually is pretty much stuck in there which is what I wanted.

dscn0554jo.jpg

I'm not sure if I showed this earlier but I thought I would take a picture just in case. Here is the controller board for the subwoofer. It consists of a volume knob, power led, fuse, and rca input. I had to open the box to drive a couple screws to attach it to the back of the foot control panel.

dscn0556s.jpg

The next thing I did was cut down a hdd cage left over from a previous project. I thought I was going to have to figure out some way to hold the sides from spreading open like a girl on prom night, but I just had to drill a couple holes and attach some screws into the sides into the hdd's wink.gif

Here are some pics of the hdd's and preliminary wiring -

dscn0563a.jpg

dscn0567e.jpg

dscn0572f.jpg
The wires dangling in front of the diamond plate are the wire from the power strip and the orange/black power cord. These will be trimmed and spliced together. the white/black wires are for the rear surround speakers. the red/black wire is for the tail-lights which have to be spliced with the brake light switch- then hooked to a 12v power connection on the psu. Everything else is wired up and ready to go besides monitor cord, the cord from the pedals that goes to the wheel, power wires for the screen, ps3, xbox, sub cable from reciever to controller box, and usb cable for xbox-pc controller dongle. I need to try to find a usb splitter/switch so I can have the wheel simultaneously plugged into the ps3 and pc.

Can anyone reccomend a usb splitter/switch for me please!? I would be grateful wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:
SoOoO I went into the closet and became.... A CLOSET DREMELER... I kinda felt weird in a mad scientist way, but it worked lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I finished painting today! wheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif

I must say that using the correct primer made a world of difference.
The tape (and sticker) came right off no problem, nice and clean, with the paint only curing for 3 days (the can says 7)

I decided not to wait any longer for the paint to dry (painted on Sunday, I'm very imaptient I know) and taped off the stripes, and applied one sticker. I used the MKG part of the MKG-RC1 on this side (other side has the RC1) because I already have it and it's relevant to this build, but it does kind of ruin the symmetry. MKG-RC1 stands for MadKat Games - Racing Cockpit One(screen).

The only thing I have left to do to the outside is place the other big round MadKat sticker on the side again (but this time successfully). I'm sending the 'ol lady to pick it up while I'm at work tomorrow. Then I will apply it on Friday and spray some clear over it.

I hope you enjoy these paint shots. I am so happy to be done painting! cheers.gif
(click bar for high res image)
dscn0577v.jpg

dscn0575j.jpg

I will probably splice the power strip/power cord wires together and hook up the brake light switch/wires tonight too before I watch a movie and wind down for the night.

Thanks for looking and as always your comments/suggestions are greatly apprieciated! wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:

post #145 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob808;12072696 
I agree wink.gif (but it's a V6)

I didn't look that well, biggrin.gif

You wan't to put a PS3, PC and Xbox 360 in the madkat game machine?confused.gif
Or only one thing? tongue.gif

bruce.gif We Are Gr33n Machine bruce.gif

"
You are 77% addicted to World of Warcraft. There has been 10459 person(s) as addicted as you. "
post #146 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightm4re!;12075996 
I didn't look that well, biggrin.gif

You wan't to put a PS3, PC and Xbox 360 in the madkat game machine?confused.gif
Or only one thing? tongue.gif

He's wanting to put all three, which makes sense as it gives this (probably pretty expensive) monster some much needed flexibility. wink.gif

Great job by the way, but work faster!! NEED MOAR INPUT!!! lol

There's a difference between Mb and MB or Gb and GB, hence why capitalization is very important.

TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE :

I helped my Uncle jack off the horse.    VS    I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse.

post #147 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I have updates but I'm too tired/lazy to upload pics right now. I'll post them in the morning redface.gif

Quote:
Quote:

post #148 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob808;12107422 
I have updates but I'm too tired/lazy to upload pics right now. I'll post them in the morning redface.gif

wheee.gif Can't wait biggrin.gif
post #149 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

After giving the clear coat a day to dry, I apply the t-molding to the four side pieces. The pieces already have a 3/32" slot cut right in the middle of the edges to accept the 't' part of the moulding. I bought 40' of black leather textured t-moulding to do one side, as I had one side already wrapped from years ago.

This t-moulding is good stuff and is the same that is used on arcade machines. It comes in a variety of colors. I bought mine at t-moulding.com
Here's a picture of the t-moulding-

dscn0578m.jpg

Applying the t-mounding, I used a small hammer to tap it into the groove then used the handle of the hammer to slide back and fourth along the edge to smooth it out. Nice tight fit smile.gif on a couple of the tight radius's I had to cut a couple wedge shapes out of the t part of the mounding with a razor blade.

dscn0580a.jpg

Looks nice and protects the edge of the pieces biggrin.gif

dscn0579re.jpg

More to come!

Quote:
Quote:

post #150 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

After wrapping the side pieces with t-moulding, I put the glass back into the rear-window panel. I just have to remove the screws from the 4 holding strips of wood, place the glass into the routered out section in the panel, and replace the strips that frame the window.

Here are pics-

dscn0582o.jpg

dscn0583i.jpg

Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in