[OCN LABS] Talent Audio HBS1 All in One Broadcast Studio kit - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OCN LABS] Talent Audio HBS1 All in One Broadcast Studio kit

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
I TeK things...

[OCN LABS] Talent Audio HBS1 All in One Broadcast Studio kit

Hey what’s up OCNers, bluedevil here. Got a quick video for all of you today. This is the HBS1 All in One Broadcast Studio kit from Talent Audio, which Parts Express.com, has sent over from me to take a look at.

With streaming getting very popular, having good audio for your stream is critical. Viewers in a matter a of a few seconds will leave if you are presenting terrible audio quality. So where does one start? How much do you want to spend on a audio setup to use for streaming? Funny thing is, you can spend THOUSANDS on great audio, however all your listeners want is clean, crisp playback. You don’t need to get a high end XLR mic with a DAC and whatnot, unless you really want to, I am not gonna stand in your way.

The Talent HBS1 All in One Home Broadcast Studio includes everything one would need to get started streaming audiowise. Included in the box is USB microphone, shock mount, scissor arm, and a pop filter. So let’s take a look.

Setting up the HBS1 is really easy. Since the USB cable is already in the scissor arm, the first step is to clamp down the scissor arm to the part of the desk you want to mount it. Then attach the shock mount by screwing it on the scissor arm. Then grab the USB mic, pinch the shock mount arms to open it wider to accept the USB mic. Once the mic is installed snugly, plug in the cable to the bottom of the USB mic, and the other to your computer. The USB mic, doesn’t require any special drivers, so it’s very universal.

So what you are hearing now is the HBS1 USB microphone. It's a cardioid microphone, which means it's pickup pattern is right in front of it rather than behind. The frequency range is 30 - 18,000 Hz with a sensitivity of -36dB. The max input spl is 135dB at 1kz with 1% T. H. D, Total Harmonic Distortion. The construction of the HBS1 is really solid being made if all metal. This tells me that it could take a beating. The scissor arm is pretty much like any other arm, so nothing special there.

So all and all, you really can’t go wrong with this kit. 4 out of 5 flames.
Ok guys, I am gonna go now, toss a like and sub if you haven’t done so already, and I will see you in the next one!

bluedevil out.

https://www.parts-express.com/talent...ilter--233-096

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:56 AM
In VB's Basement

Released

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 07:03 AM
1689 Federalist

Rep: 239 (Unique: 206)
Wow that seems really cheap and looks nice, I'll have to watch the video when I get a minute.

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
EVGA RTX 2060 Ultra XC
RAM
GSkill 16gb 3200c14 Flare
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
LG 32GK650F-B 1440p 144hz
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 08:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 26)
Seems interesting,

Mic's are so abundant now in usb form, i almost feels ancient using my XLR set up.

My issue is more finding software that will allow me to process audio on the fly with a return to the main system input side.

Ryzen
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard
MSI x470 Gaming Plus
GPU
MSI Armour RX 570 8GB OC
RAM
Team Group TDGED416G3000HC16CDC01 2x8GB 3000Mhz C16
Hard Drive
WD Black 500 GB NVMe
Power Supply
Rosewill Capstone 750
Cooling
Cheap 240 AIO
Case
Rosewill Rise
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Keyboard
Microsoft Sidewinder x4
Mouse
Logitech G300s
Audio
Audio Technica M50xBT
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in