[OCN LABS] Cooler Master GS750 Headset stand - It's more than just a Stand - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OCN LABS] Cooler Master GS750 Headset stand - It's more than just a Stand

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
I TeK things...

[OCN LABS] Cooler Master GS750 Headset stand - It's more than just a Stand

So you have a gaming headset or a set of cans, but where do you put them when you are done using them? Do you hang them off your monitor? Your desk? Unplug them and put them away? Alright, so what about your phone? For me, my phone is never that far away. You got a USB hub too? I do. If you are like me, your desk setup was pretty cluttered with extra devices. So what if I told you that there is a headphone stand that will help you consolidate everything into one device?

Intro

Whatsapp OCNers, I am bluedevil and this is the new Cooler Master GS750 headphone stand. Cooler Master sent this out for me to take a look at, and I am glad they did. Today I am going to clean up my desk setup, while simplifying and managing cabling. So what makes the GS750 different than other headphone stands on the market? IT HAS RGB! Yeah ok. IT HAS A USB 3.0 HUB!!, sure. IT HAS ONBOARD 7.1 SURROUND SOUND!!!I, interesting. IT HAS Qi WIRELESS CHARGING!!!! Really? Yeah, the GS750 has all that packed into it.

So RGB is pretty much in everything nowadays. If it doesn’t puke RGB, it’s boring, kinda of like the Cooler Master MM710 ultralight mouse in flat matte black, review coming soon, so watch out for that one. Back to the RGB on the GS750. So the GS750’s RGB isn’t all up in your face, actually it quite tastefully done with 13 RGB LEDs that surround the base which can be controlled via Cooler Master’s MasterPlus software. Inside the MasterPlus software suite, is options for controlling lighting, with 4 different options with speed control such as color cycle, static, breathing, and off. The next tab is sound, which gives you a digital EQ to tune your audio more specifically to your liking. Note that there is a 3.5mm 4 pole headphone/mic jack, making controlling you mic levels easy to do via the MasterPlus software as well. If tuning isn’t your thing, you can swap to pop music, movie, gaming, or make your own custom profile. The last tab controls whether you want 7.1 Virtual Speaker Placement on or off. Again there is the option to customize your 7.1 experience with adding in a new profile. Personally, I like my audio in stereo, mainly due to the audio just sounding better and being more defined, but the audio subject is very subjective.

Moving over to the integrated USB 3.0 hub, which has 2 type A ports located on the left and right sides of the GS750. Which leads me to the only thing that’s missing for me is an SD card reader that could have been integrated into the front of the GS750, but being that this was built for gamers, I can see why an SD card reader was omitted.

Lastly, the Qi wireless charging that is build on top of the base of the GS750. Make sure the included AC adaptor is plugged in to be able to use this feature. Cleverly done, the Cooler Master logo on the top of the base, is actually the center of the wireless charging area, so you know exactly where to put your phone to charge, which can effectively charge phones up to 10 watts of power.

Ok but how is this thing built? The arm is made from aluminum, or ALUMINUM if you aren’t from the states...while the base is made from plastic and natural rubber. The arm feels solid as it should with little flex when pushed down, also noting the cable management bracket which gives the arm strength. Moving down to the base, which has a matte finish until you get to the sides where the USB 3.0 type A ports are. Why you do a glossy finish Cooler Master? I scratched my sample simply plugging something in, which could have been avoided had the matte finish continued throughout the base. At the rear of the GS750, is the AC connection and the USB 3.0 Micro-B connector. I would have thought that this type of connection should have died off by now since Cooler Master seems to be using the better USB-C connection on just about everything else, as I would have really liked to see USB-C connection used here.

So in the end, the GS750 from Cooler Master gets a solid 4 out of 5 flames. Mainly for the USB - B connection and the glossy finish used on the base. All and all, the GS750 may be a niche product for someone that likes RGB, needs a sound card not that onboard sound cards are all that bad, and would like something that wirelessly charges their phone.Pricing is about $80 USD, so a little bit of a premium, but it really tidies up a setup.

Ok guys that’s it for this one, please smash that like button and don’t forget to subscribe while you are at it.

bluedevil out.

Product
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog.../others/gs750/

Last edited by bluedevil; 10-16-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in