[OCN LABS] Seville Classics AIRLIFT Pro S3 w/Dry Erase! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[OCN LABS] Seville Classics AIRLIFT Pro S3 w/Dry Erase!

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
I TeK things...

[OCN LABS] Seville Classics AIRLIFT Pro S3 w/Dry Erase!

Hey what’s up OCNers? I am bluedevil. Normally we talk about computer parts like CPUs, GPUs, storage and the like, but your work surface is important too right? I mean is a computer desk really that high up on the list of gear you need for your rig or setup? I would have to agree that a nice desk will last a long time. Sit stand desks are all the rage right now and when Seville Classics asked me if I could take a look at their new AIRLIFT Pro S3, which has a white dry erase board as a work surface, I couldn’t say no.

So with all the people now working from home, due to a certain human malware, having a comfortable workspace is pretty important for productivity. Having a sit stand desk already, albeit mine is a Husky “workbench” from Home Depot, which can be raised by a hand crank, so the notion of pushing a button is definitely appealing. There are often times when my back gets tired of sitting and I need to still get some work done while standing. Another nice quality of a sit stand desk, is they are heavy. Heavy like sturdy heavy. You know what I am talking about, nobody likes that wobbly desk that creaks and cracks, especially when you are trying to concentrate.

So when I got the AIRLIFT Pro S3, it came in two separate boxes. Both were pretty large, one consisted of the dry erase board top measuring in at 54” x 30”, and the other with the black frame and feet. All tools needed for the installation were included, nice. Installation went decently smooth, taking only about a half hour to put together. The only real issue I came to was the wire management cover, which didn't seem to have all the wire channels cut completely out. Grabbing my rotary tool, I remedied that quickly. Once I fixed the wire management cover, I worked on wire management, having only a single power cable hang down. Moving to the heavy duty steel base, I secured the top with the included Allen key bolts, then all I had to do was attach the feet with some more Allen key bolts and flip it over. This took two people for this due to how heavy everything was, so I enlisted my 13 year old son for the job. Once flipped over I began setting up my workstation. I guess my only issue was with the Allen key bolts, why three different sizes? This may lead to confusion on to which bolts go where and would drastically simplify the installation.

Now my monitor arrangement is something that I wouldn’t consider “normal”. I mounted a 34” Acer 3440x1440P Ultrawide using a standard monitor arm on the bottom. For the top monitor, which is the MSI Optix MAG272CQR 1440P gaming monitor, check out the review here, mounted to a Ergotech Freedom Arm, which I positioned just slightly back from the top of the Ultrawide. That’s a decent amount of weight, something in the neighborhood of 40 plus pounds between the two monitors and mounts, but the AIRLIFT Pro S3 is rated to lift up to 264 lbs no problem, so adding my rig to my desktop shouldn't be a problem. However that will take some workspace away, so I will be keeping my desktop on a separate cart.

Now once I had my monitors all set, I focused on clean cable management with my cable runs. Using the six included fasteners, things cleaned up nicely. I however think the foam sticky back on the fasteners wasn’t quite up to my cabling weight, as it let go after about a day or so. Quickly grabbing some double sided Gorilla Glue Double sided clear tape seems to do a much better job at keeping things in place where I wanted them. I gotta admit, this cable management job is one of my better ones, thanks to the AIRLIFT Pro S3.

Now I have to say, the dry erase ability of the AIRLIFT Pro S3 is a great option to have on the desktop, especially while benchmarking. I can quickly jot down the temps, dba noise levels, or anything else that I might forget while I am benchmarking so that I can record it correctly later. The white dry erase surface has a glossy finish to it, so scratches are gonna happen, but are not really that visible.

Since the AIRLIFT Pro S3 is a motorized sit stand desk, four height levels can be programmed into the controller, providing lift from 25.6 inches to 51.4 inches at about an inch and half per second, making quick adjustments is really easy. My settings start at the base 25 for the first setting, number 2 is 30 inches, my preferred sitting height, 3 being optimal for my standing position, and the fifth being all the way up at 51.4 inches to get things out of reach from my youngest son getting to anything expensive, if you know what I mean. Getting back to the controller, which has a blue LED display, seven buttons with 2 being dedicated for up and down adjustments.

So conclusion time. I haven’t mentioned the price up until this point for a reason, it’s actually one of the least expensive models you can get. Surprising huh? Autonomous has their SmartDesk 2, which MSRPs at $480, which is almost $70 cheaper than the AIRLIFT Pro S3, and sometimes can be found for sub $400. But really that's the only sit stand desk that I found to be cheaper. Other models, like the Uplift V2, have options to add power grommets to the desktop, which minimizes the clutter. So what's the good and the bad with the AirLift Pro S3? Well the Pro S3 is really the only one on the market to have a dry erase top option, I can’t tell you how useful it is until you use it. The price point is also pretty competitive, but that came at a few cost cutting corners like a lower weight lift limit, no cable grommets for better cable passthrough, and different keyed Allen bolts on installation. In the end, I love this AirLift Pro S3, it has allowed me to be able to stand while doing work, and by doing so, be more healthy by allowing better blood flow to the rest of my body.

Alright guys, if you want to check out the AIRLIFT Pro S3, links will be below. It seems I might be hitting up Seville Classics in the future when I build my new studio out in my detached garage for some additional gear. More on that at a later date.

Please also take the time to like and subscribe if you haven’t done so already. Thanks a lot guys.

bluedevil out.

Product Page
https://www.sevilleclassics.com/elec...ite-white.html

Amazon US
https://www.amazon.com/Seville-Class...083QQDC4X?th=1

Last edited by bluedevil; 05-21-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in