Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Asus Z9PE-D8 Owner's thread
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 AM
BlackenedTush
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
PhxTriode
Did you get the H80's to fit? There's certainly more than enough room up top for the rads in that awesome case of yours, and if I remember right the pumps would nestle right in there between your RAM sticks. I was strongly considering getting your case; but settled on the CoolerMaster HAF X because it fits under my desk. I did order the H70s with Gentle Typhoon fans but then I sent them back because I found that I would have had to fabricate a mounting bracket up top... plus I was also a little concerned with how stiff those Corsair hoses are! It made me a touch apprehensive that the gymnastics required to mount them might possibly weaken them for later cracking. I'm sure they're pretty reliable tho. Cool running too. I settled for air-cooling with the Dynatron R17s. They fit nicely with hi-rise RAM and work just fine. CPU 2 is the hottest due to airflow config and it doesn't get over 50C with heavy rendering or 3DMark11 tests.

If Mom is too slow repairing the hole in your jeans then, "sverte ræva og gå naken"