Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - The AMD How To Thread

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter
tsm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domininja View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

What card do you own?
Changing the EULA merely unlocks the unofficial mode, but it doesn't grant access to voltage. You would have create that by adding in the files art the top of this thread. What steps did follow?

I own a 3GB HIS 7970 (H797F3G2M to be exact)
I have asked Unwinder (creator of Rivatuner) about this and he said that the VRM (VT1165) on my card is not supported on MSI Afterburner.
I followed the "Afterburner install - unofficial overclock method" because I had read on another website that it unlocks voltage control/monitoring.
And I don't think powertune would do anything in my case, would it?

Why are you posting in this thread w/o following the guide here? I mention this because I've already explained about the file you need to use to enable clock/voltage control, and it was seemingly ignored?

As to the vrm chip, this board supports full voltage control. It's the blue pcb from HIS, a revised board using the alternate pcb however it follows reference form. There are posts from users with this board adding volts. I've used one of these in the past w/o any issues.