Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] Mil-Spec

View Single Post
post #213 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
B NEGATIVE
Hardware Rep

Rep: 789 (Unique: 492)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweechy View Post

B-Neg, what was your setup like with the fan controller? I ask because I've bought that one as well, but am now regretting it after seeing it's only 10W per channel and I've got 4 big 38mm guys on my rad.

How did you handle which fans went to which node and how limited were you by the power constraints?

Also just curious if you mind sharing what you'd charge for doing a system build like this, I've always considered the idea of getting a machine done by a pro like yourself and I think seeing this log sold me on the idea. Feel free to pm it if you want, or if it's private and you don't want to say, that's fine too.
Its fine,i normally charge £300 for a complete build,thats everything all in labourwise.
Paint,Sleeve work,plumbing and any fab work...the lot
You provide all parts and materials and a rough idea of what you want,obviously if you dont want the full whistle and bells then i dont charge that.
This one was for a good friend so it was done for pleasure more than anything else.
As for the controller...You could get away with 2 Kazes per channel,i chose to run 1 fan per channel and have the ram fan on a 7v step down on the mobo.