vMOD Gallery: if its mod'd...it belongs here - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

vMOD Gallery: if its mod'd...it belongs here

post #21 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Retired Benchmark Editor

Rep: 541 (Unique: 253)
Pretty much all cards have OVP. 1.39v is plenty. What you need to do now is lower ambient.

Been seeing some negative issues with some of XFX cards. It appears they are cutting corners on their PCBs.

I think you should duct a leaf blower onto your air cooler...wait till liek 2am and fire it up for some hardcore OC action ..really piss of the neighbors.. and see if you can F5 your CPU-Z before the cops show up!!
~CL3P20

Do the opposite of what this guy just said if you want the best results you can get
~el gappo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 213 (Unique: 128)
Here's the 8800gt mod I began yesterday (did the vgpu & measure points for that & vmem). The only vr I could get locally was a 10k, figured I would tune it down to 500 ohm & try it out for the vgpu, unfortunately not enough adjustment under 500 to give me any V boost.
I'll go downtown today & try out one of the bigger stores for a 1k vgpu & a 20k for the vmem mod.

Hey Doc, you'd better hurry, here's the score I got in vantage at stock voltage. Was good for 5th place in hwbot only I forgot to submit it to ORB so didn't have a verification link...

Edit: found this for an OCP mod on the 8800gt, has anyone tried this one out to see if it does anything?
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php...89&postcount=3

post #23 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Retired Benchmark Editor

That pic is good enough for HWbot submission. You don't have to have verification link unless its top 10 for all Vantage scores, not needed for hardware classification records.

I think you should duct a leaf blower onto your air cooler...wait till liek 2am and fire it up for some hardcore OC action ..really piss of the neighbors.. and see if you can F5 your CPU-Z before the cops show up!!
~CL3P20

Do the opposite of what this guy just said if you want the best results you can get
~el gappo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 319 (Unique: 175)
damn FTW looks like i need to get clocking and get my CPU higher, *** lol no amtter how hard I try...

post #25 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 213 (Unique: 128)
CPU score doesn't actually make as much difference as I thought it would in the final score, here's the diff. between 4.2 ghz & 4.6 ghz, only 52 points...

post #26 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Retired Benchmark Editor

Looks like you have a GPU bottleneck. Don't see those to often. If you had two in SLi, I'd bet they would continue to scale better at 4.6Ghz.

~CL3P20

~el gappo

post #27 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

about the same difference between me at 4.2 and 4.4, it looks like those timings are doing the trick FTW, i ought to give it a shot, anyone know a good memory voltage, mine stock is 2.00, I have it at 2.07 right now after the mem mod and im gonna try 210 after I do a vantage run or two

im guessing 2.1 or 2.2 is doable on these samsungs?

edit: FTW were going to single handly take back the 8800gt for OCN, the question is who will be on top and what happens in the even of ties

post #28 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

yo FTW what drivers are you running? I just submitted 8326 and thought I had you beat until I saw you submitted 8352, time to knock the amatuers down a few notches and rock out OCN style

edit: patch tried that type of mod here and ended up killing his card, its tough moving resistors around

post #29 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Retired Benchmark Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha d0ctor View Post
about the same difference between me at 4.2 and 4.4, it looks like those timings are doing the trick FTW, i ought to give it a shot, anyone know a good memory voltage, mine stock is 2.00, I have it at 2.07 right now after the mem mod and im gonna try 210 after I do a vantage run or two

im guessing 2.1 or 2.2 is doable on these samsungs?

edit: FTW were going to single handly take back the 8800gt for OCN, the question is who will be on top and what happens in the even of ties
Start with 2.1v. Keep some good airflow on your card.

~CL3P20

~el gappo

post #30 of 553 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

all the memchips are underwater, the only thing that really is open to the air is my mofset which gets DAMN HOT, will the fan pings on the card support standard 3 pin fans if I do some modding, I have a few tiny bloodrage fans I might fashion to the mofset heatsink,

its weird I idle higher than load with my vMEm, need to downgrade the resistors for 22k to 20k and see what that does, but the extra .04/.03 I got from the mod gave me 35 mhz on the mem clock so im at 922/2200/1115, gonna drop my core resistance around 200ohms while im at it, and if I get a new card try switching those resistors around

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in