Originally Posted by Zamora
Took the top of my case apart yesterday and unless I mod it no way to fit the H110. Not impressed with the plastic brackets supplied either, why can't they be more sturdy.
I was going to say the cats don't leave too much fur in my case but I found a bit yesterday. They are now banned from sitting on my case. However enforcing the ban will be somewhat difficult
It would've been nice if the brackets were a form of metal as oppose to plastic. However, they seem fine for what they are as well as being stable in my system. Not sure what you can do with the cats unless there's some kind of repellent you can use on the inside/top of your case to prevent them from chilling on top.
Originally Posted by mav2000
CM wake up and release ver 2 already....
This case is beautiful, sturdy, has almost everything you would need in terms of features, removable motherboard tray...and the list goes on and on. Some things I would like to see in the new ver:
1. Same aluminum finish on the outside, steel on the inside
2. Removable Mobo Tray - Cant tell you how awesome this is and how helpful it is
3. Cable management holes with rubber pass through covers
4. Space for 2 x 360mm rads, maybe top and bottom or top and front
5. Movable HDD cages X 2, so that we can move rads around if required. Maybe each HDD cage can hold 3 HDD's
6. Dual PSU, with both at the bottom, but in a way that they are mounted sideways
7. Filters....removable or magnetic
8. Space for maybe a 60 mm rad with either push or pull. Push and Pull is not really required unless you are really crazy about temps. But please dont make the same mistake that was done on the Cosmos II
9. Different side panel mounting system from the original. The old one, with flimsy side panels left a lot to be desired.
10. Windows from day one.
Feel free to correct me or add to the list....
I personally just want a case that would accommodate almost every known feature of my own needs while having something original on its own...at the right competitive price point. The price is what's going to be the major factor since many cases these days have pretty decent features. If Cooler Master decides to make a case that would surpass the ATCS 840 or make something new and original of their own then it will have to be as good if not better than the Corsair 900D from what I've seen so far. There's also the option of something from CaseLabs for complete customization.
As for your list...
1. I agree. A full black internal might be a bonus. The painting finish should have a layer to prevent dust/scratch/finger/grease marks.
2. Should have dual holes to support HPTX motherboards for easy access to the CPU socket brackets.
3. At least have some rubber protection so there's no accidents like exposed cut cables
4. Top and front sounds great. Bottom should be dedicated to the power supply.
5. The six drive bays is one of the main attractions for me. I would personally take three hot-swap cages that hold four drives each.
6. As mentioned before and I agree with the support for a special mounting system. One horizontal or two vertical power supplies.
7. Magnetic would be awesome as the plastic clip holders are fragile. Hopefully they don't mistakenly put the PSU filter on the inside.
8. I think a taller tower to house thicker radiators or push-pull setups is a great idea. Scared of cost though.
9. Thicker side panels with better mounting would be nice. Still worried about the cost.
10. I personally despise side-panel windows but having it as a second option would be nice. I would rather have extra side fan mounts.
With everything said I still want it to have...
1. At least ten expansion slots since I always use all seven of mine.
2. A powerful fan controller (at least six 40watt channels) or none at all.
3. Of course USB 3.0 support on the front/top panel.
4. Removable caster wheels or very strong handles similar to the Cosmos/Cosmos II.
5. Continue to use Non-LED stock fans while skipping the 140mm fan mounts if it drives up cost.
Pretty much all the features the current Corsair 900D seems to have but at a better price.