Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Need Stuff For DICE!

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 03:52 PM
FtW 420
Retired Staff

Rep: 213 (Unique: 128)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAMDGamer View Post

Alright I'll just get some acetone locally. Actually you just reminded me, I have a nice wooden dowell i set aside when I found it months ago for dice!
That seems expensive (even in smaller quantities). I was thinking of using Arctic Ceramiq?
Never heard of it.
Not sure how the DICE will be, if its big blocks then I'll smash it up smaller.
Yeah I have tape and was going to do that because I heard about the residue somewhere. Can you find me some non-adhesive sheets on ebay for cheap? The link you posted the stuff is bigger quantities than I need and is a bit more expensive.
I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible.

Another question: How much DICE should I get for 775's or 1155's for 3 hours or so? (in a pot with thin walls and low mass)

Gelid extreme is better, but ceramique will be fine for DICE temps. Do get gelid for full pot ln2 benching though.
If you will be buying DICE to use later the blocks last longer, 'rice' is better than pellets if it will get used right away. 10lbs should easily be enough for hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micul View Post

why don't you buy a small can of LET . Easier and faster to apply . Just use a little bit of eraser to seal the cpu area and you are good to go

This is what I do. Dragon skin is fine for DICE, but full pot ln2 can make it crack up pretty badly, I generally just use LET now so it's fine for all cooling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post

nobody said yet so i must,make sure you have the area well ventilated.
the fumes can kill you not just the dice co2 but when you put the dice on the acetone or alcohol.
dont put that much in either just cover the bottom of the pot with 1/3 to 1/2 inch
also cover losely(enough to let air out) the top of the pot with towel as you first put dice in and watch your face too. wink.gif.

A good point, I've done it in a less than well ventilated area & didn't die but the acetone can give you a pretty brutal headache.
Agreed with the amount of acetone (I start with a not full shot glass), & not looking closely into the pot when pouring/adding DICE, stuff can spit out a bit.