Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

View Single Post
post #1496 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 08:49 AM
wrigleyvillain
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

I can't confirm this, and believe me I would be the first person to complain about AMD cards and drivers. I been having a terrible time with my tri fire 7970's this year, so I would be the first to admit and point my finger at AMD. But I can't say I see any evidence that its harder to hit 120hz on AMD. I'm using a 15ft Cable that I had laying around from monoprice and its hitting 120hz just fine I have not tried any other cables yet, also haven't tried going higher clocks yet.
From reading the threads to me high end GPU's like 7970, 7950, 680, 670, Titan will have no problem with 120hz. Its not a AMD vs. Nvidia thing with this.

Correct. As I replied to this post in that thread. I have a GTX 480 I woulda tried but my 7950 hits 120Hz and probably beyond just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fagoatse View Post

So did I, I raised it a bit but sadly the left side is now a bit lower then the right. I guess I'll have to re-open it.
I put 4 layers of tape btw, but I think 5 layers would be more optimal.
@wntrsnowg and anybody who did lift their panels, how many layers did you put on yours?
Also, getting rid of backlight bleeding was a nice side effect so I'm glad I did open it. It's kinda dumbproof tbh.

So you are saying it's pretty easy? I think I am going to do this soon but still nervous. I am good with computers and the like but not as great "with my hands".