Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

View Single Post
post #1500 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Spartan F8
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 141 (Unique: 99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

I can't confirm this, and believe me I would be the first person to complain about AMD cards and drivers. I been having a terrible time with my tri fire 7970's this year, so I would be the first to admit and point my finger at AMD. But I can't say I see any evidence that its harder to hit 120hz on AMD. I'm using a 15ft Cable that I had laying around from monoprice and its hitting 120hz just fine I have not tried any other cables yet, also haven't tried going higher clocks yet.
From reading the threads to me high end GPU's like 7970, 7950, 680, 670, Titan will have no problem with 120hz. Its not a AMD vs. Nvidia thing with this.

Yeah i was just thinking we could add a video card section to our members chart so we can have a baseline of what certain cards seem to get(higher end are obviously going to do pretty good). There may be some exceptions like this particular AMD card works great or stay away from this card since it sucks at this for some reasn

Might be helpful redface.gif