Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [LIST] Best Story Driven Games

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
_LDC_
Since C64

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
This thread became larger than I expected, so I am editing the first post to share all the good advices that have been kindly contributed so far.
I will try to divide them into two categories, based on the numbers of matching advices: the "universally acknowledged" and the "special mention"
The list is available for everyone to use, and new contributions are always welcome!

Best story driven games

Planescape: Torment Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Mass Effect (series) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
gameplay <--- First episode

gamplay 2 <-- Second episode

I purposely avoid to link ME3 videos to avoid major spoilers, but -generally speaking- the gameplay is similar to the previous chapters, refined and improved

review

Bioshock (series)
Deus Ex (1 and Human Revolution DC)
Dragon Age (series)
The Witcher (series)
Metro: Last Light
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Portal (series)
Silent Hill (1 & 2)
Final Fantasy (series)
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Special Mention

The Wolf Among Us
The Walking Dead
Bastion
Half Life (series)
Anna
Dear Esther
Fallout NewVegas
Dark Souls (series)
To the Moon
SOMA

below is the original message, in case someone wanted to see it I decided to preserve it... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Hi all,

it has been quite a while since I last completed a game (it was the first Half Life) then I quitted gaming almost completely 'cause I focused my interest elsewhere. Now that many things are settled and I can manage my time better, I would like to start playing games again but I need OC.net's citizens help because I am out of the scene since looong time and know nearly nothing about "modern" titles, genres ecc, and also have a specific request that needs to be fulfilled for the games to be taken into consideration: I want to play a memorable story.
Story is what matters for me the most in a game, I don't care about the graphic or any fancy feature, I just want something that will remain within me forever like a good book, movie ecc

For all the kind people who will choose to reply, please state only two titles and explain why you choosed them (this will help me narrow the results) smile.gif

thanks!

Best Story Driven Games thread
The Creature 2
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS
GPU
MSI RX580 8Gb Armor
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4