[OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread - Page 140 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread

post #1391 of 2037 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter
HWiNFO Author

Rep: 259 (Unique: 108)
Yes, CPU Package temperature is a good indicator - it's a 256ms average of the hottest temperature among all sensors in the CPU.

HWiNFO Author
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1392 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 32)
So, I've got a new bug.

A while ago I hid a bunch of values in hwinfo, coloring others, so that it all fits in one column. This was actually a good long while ago.

But it doesn't work. Every ~2 seconds (appears to alternate with each refresh of the sensors) the hwinfo window will pop back in all the hidden values. Then it'll stay that way for 2 seconds before going back to just the shown values.

The attached screenshot shows both the successful (beautiful even) single-column setup and the fail show-everything-and-hide-it setup. The headings get slightly messed up too in single-column.

My lazy workaround has been to just keep it at two columns. With the second column empty it nonetheless stops showing this behavior.

http://imgur.com/a/Y8bnK

post #1393 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter
HWiNFO Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorje View Post

So, I've got a new bug.

A while ago I hid a bunch of values in hwinfo, coloring others, so that it all fits in one column. This was actually a good long while ago.

But it doesn't work. Every ~2 seconds (appears to alternate with each refresh of the sensors) the hwinfo window will pop back in all the hidden values. Then it'll stay that way for 2 seconds before going back to just the shown values.

The attached screenshot shows both the successful (beautiful even) single-column setup and the fail show-everything-and-hide-it setup. The headings get slightly messed up too in single-column.

My lazy workaround has been to just keep it at two columns. With the second column empty it nonetheless stops showing this behavior.

http://imgur.com/a/Y8bnK

This looks like some serious mess.. Not an easy solution for this, as the best method would be to completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO, but this would cause a loss of all your custom settings. Perhaps you might try to Backup User Settings, then Reset Preferences and restore the saved settings by launching the saved .reg file from 1st step.
If that won't help and you want to keep your settings, then it would require analysis of user settings - either via the saved .reg file, or directly in registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\Sensors. I think there will be some glitches in order of items, but not sure how skilled you are to check that. Perhaps you might try to attach that file here and I could have a look at it...

HWiNFO Author
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1394 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
hello:

don´t know if this is a bug or something . it´s a CH6 and ryzen 1700x

one strange thing i notice this morning, started w10, HWinfo loaded, and ask if it should use some sensors from the ASUS, i told him yes, and then the system reboot itself, and got stuck with error code refered as "microcode loading"

after a while, i reboot the system and nothing el se happend..

next time hw asked, i told him NO, and it´s working since then
post #1395 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Daisy Chained Dumb Switch

Rep: 50 (Unique: 39)
Why are you referring to the software as him. I'm triggered

(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2666C15
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB 2.5"
Hard Drive
PNY CS1311 960GB 2.5"
Power Supply
SeaSonic PRIME Titanium 850W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

post #1396 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 730 (Unique: 342)
post #1397 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Clearly nosequeponer first language is not English. So I don't think we need to highlight the errors in post.

thanks...

you got it right.. not native in english... so sometimes i make mistakes...
post #1398 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:36 AM
Meddling user

post #1399 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
HWiNFO Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosequeponer View Post

hello:

don´t know if this is a bug or something . it´s a CH6 and ryzen 1700x

one strange thing i notice this morning, started w10, HWinfo loaded, and ask if it should use some sensors from the ASUS, i told him yes, and then the system reboot itself, and got stuck with error code refered as "microcode loading"

after a while, i reboot the system and nothing el se happend..

next time hw asked, i told him NO, and it´s working since then

Accessing the ASUS EC sensor can very rarely lead to some issues, but those are mostly performance-related. But I have never seen such a serious one.
You would need to repeat the test again, or enable the ASUS EC sensor in the list to check if it's really causing it.
But I think you will not dare to do that test again wink.gif

HWiNFO Author
post #1400 of 2037 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Meddling user

I know @Sgt Bilko has been using HWiNFO for monitoring on his CH6, no idea if he enabled Asus EC. I received my CH6 today, hopefully by the end the evening I will have built the rig. I plan to enable Asus EC as it gave me extra monitoring data on my M7R. Have you had any other reports via your forum Martin of similar issue?

Cheers as always for your great support on HWiNFO thumb.gif , I plan to donate again as appreciate your efforts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in