Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Dell P2414H: AH-IPS - PWM free - light AG coating - 1080p

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 AM
bk7794
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 121 (Unique: 99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodystyle2003 View Post

I had eye strain, dizziness in a huge degree since i read a lot everyday, large texts, graphs new and old type pdfs. The oculist found none physical problem and after a long talk he claimed that fatigue from monitor reading is the cause.
I took this monitor cause i read that pwm free monitors are more comfortable on reading. I must admit that this is so true. I catch my self reading text from 20cm from the screen and i wonder why my eyes don't complain...I owned another dell ips monitor before this, so this big difference cant be from something else. By the time you connect the monitor and read a text you feel the difference.
Don't get me wrong, for sure others monitors will offer same or even better reading experience, but on that price range my experience only can say that this monitor is read comfortable. Of course i do continue small time breaks for eye relaxing and still use eye drops with uv filter.

That is very good to know. I do a lot of close up stuff at work and then I used to come home and read online for about another 6 or so hours after that. I now have this problem where I can't really focus too long with my contacts. I then started to notice that my Dell monitor is much more soothing to look at than this, even when I matched the cool color that the Dell puts out. I can find it online for about 225 now, you thinking that it is worth it?