Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] Project Nothing to Hide (2010-2019) Antec 300 Custom Loop 9 years in the making!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
GSCustomz
GS

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
[Build Log] Project Nothing to Hide (2010-2019) Antec 300 Custom Loop 9 years in the making!

Finally back after MIA for the last 5 years on the forum!
Really excited to announce that this project has finally been completed after almost a decade.

Updated: 8/13/2019: It's literary taking me forever to get the entire build log updated, finally able to clean up the backlogs after all these years.
Final pictures are up in Page 4

Feel free follow my [email protected], new build coming up soon!
Any questions, feel free to let me know

Intro and History

Project “Nothing to Hide” aka. Project “N.T.H” started way back during the summer of 2010, two years after I acquired the original Antec Three Hundred. In 9 years I've through 4 generations of hardware, from air cooling to soft tubing and eventually to hard tubing loop. The only thing still remaining the same is the Antec Three Hundred case, that's right, it's the vanilla version

Initially picked the case due to it's minimalist look, decent air flow and only cost $50 I think. It wasn’t until after watching the Three Hundred Mod by Bill Owen / Mnpctech that had really inspired me to start my own project. Thank you Bill for the inspiration and all the great work you do!

Like many others back in the old days, I started the initial mods with cutting side panel window, drilling cables management holes and painting the interior, honesty just want to improve cable management to hide these ugly rainbow cables and all that mess.

As time progressed, my has vision became more and more clear, I knew the time would come to create something special inside the same old chassis. During the 3rd year as continued to experiment and explore different things, I came to the sense of embrace as much as I can instead of hiding that's inside, at that moment in time, Project Nothing to Hide was truly born!

My end goal was to create something out of the ordinary from inside with nothing to hide, yet remain the elegance from the original exterior design. Been going on and off, so hasn't been easy past few years, but at the end of day, I'm really happy with the final results, what a journey it has been for the past 9 years!

Before the buildlogs, below you will find all the water cooling parts used in the latest edition of the project. Most of them were provided by EKWB (thanks for the love guys!)

Watercooling parts

• CPU Block: EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel (Original CSQ)
  • GPU Block: EK-FC980 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel with EK-FC980 GTX Classy Backplate
  • RAM Heatsink: 4 x Iceman LP Heatspreaders
  • RAM Block: EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Acetal+Nickel
  • Radiators: EK-CoolStream SE 120 & EK-CoolStream SE 240
  • Pump & Reservoir: EK-XRES Revo D5 PWM with EK-RES X3 – TUBE 150 & Multiport TOP
  • Fittings: 10 x EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4 - Black Nickel & some angle adapters from EKWB
  • Tubes: Darkside16mm PETG Hard Tube
  • Fans: 3 x GELID WING 12 UV Blue & 2 x SLIM 12 PL BLUE
  • Fan Controller: Zalman ZM-MFC1 Combo

Now, let’s get down to the build log with lots and lots of pictures,I got so much to show you!

Spoiler alert, for the final pictures
Spoiler!

Last edited by MegaMod; 08-15-2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Updated Project timeline with new links/pictures