Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Sin0822
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2037 (Unique: 1171)
First off I added: Z97 XP MEI, basically like an XP package for those guys benching and using XP:
Z97 MEI for XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

Yeah I follow you, so see if you fare any better it lower, if you do then youve identified the culprit.

What do you make of the SOC Force board sin? Is it only necessary for LN2 or a decent all rounder? I would just pick up a z97x ud3h but people are saying its not that good...would it really hold say a 5ghz overclock back? I mean ultimately I would like to OC as much as possible under a reasonable 24/7 voltage, like 1.4v.
yea, i mean 1.4v is pretty high, i don't know if you can cool 1.4v without delidding, for 24/7, but yea id recommend the Z97X-SOC Force, its a really strong boards. Where are they saying its not OCing well?
I would think it would OC fine, I have a Ud5H here and it overclocks well.

Either way you will get the last drop of overclock with the SOC Force over any of the other boards in the gigabyte lineup, maybe the SOC. Its BIOS and hardware is tuned very precisely to make sure you get every last drop, especially BCLK and memory, CPU is basically standard now that FIVR is integrated, a lot of BIOS makers are putting in tricks to auto increase volts like input and cache, and i saw one recently of high system agent voltages(not from GBT) which were damn high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

On the Vrin, the Z87 advise was to run it ~0.4v difference/delta from vcore. Unless I'm just misreading it, the advise here is to have it running 0.8v difference/delta from vcore? That's what I was just curious on, has that advise changed. So if I went by how I understood it here, running my VID @ 1.41 then I'd have to raise VCCIN to 2.2V...
0.4v from delta and the system booted stable? Default delta is 0.8v, you shouldn't close that gap unless you are trying to beat temperatures, it will hurt stability in many cases. At the beginning I thought it was cool, but you should get much more stability by increasing it to 0.8-1v delta. Since the release Intel has said 0.4v was the recommended Lowest delta, if you use 0.4v you are prob going to hurt stability. To ensure stability in their own default mode, they choose 0.8v delta. I am using now usually 2.1-2.2v for a 1.25v-1.3v vcore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

Would be nice if we had some way to monitor Vring. (Hint hint Steve cough)
No utilities show it for my UD5H.
haha vring so important, you don't think Intel's FIVR can set it correctly? smile.gif haha j/k I can ask, but honestly just critically believe what you see, or believe what you see for the difference between what you set and get with the vcore, because i mean its all the same FIVR that does all of it. The design of the power phases in the CPU for the Ring, core, and system agent are the same.