[BBC] Samsung Galaxy banned in Europe - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[BBC] Samsung Galaxy banned in Europe

post #31 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
Squeeky is an unknown quantity at this point Squeeky is an unknown quantity at this point

Next up .... Apple Sues someone because their phone also has an antenna fault biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
jjsoviet is an unknown quantity at this point jjsoviet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros;14696557 
Anxious for the day to come where Google rips Apple a new one with their Motorola patents. It would be so epic if they do it JUST before launch to force Apple to do the same they're forcing Samsung to do; recall all iPhone 5s off stores before they're sold.

I await for that sweet, sweet revenge. biggrin.gif

post #33 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough

It'll be thrown out fairly fast, most of Apples smartphone patents seem to be easily invalidated by prior art, or actually be what a patent should be, in which case fair enough. (Specific enough not to get anything that is somewhat like it, but not narrow enough to let slightly altered versions on the market)

The patent system really needs to be overhauled...

CPU
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro3
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 Nano (1050/550)
RAM
4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300 2TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS
Power Supply
eVGA Supernova P2 650w
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
Operating System
Arch Linux x86-64
Operating System
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition
Monitor
LG 29WK500-P (2560x1080, 75Hz, Freesync)
Monitor
BenQ G2020HD
Keyboard
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue
Mouse
SteelSeries Sensei Professional
Mouse
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX
Audio
Samson Rubicon R6a
Other
NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Linux Lobbyist
r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about r34p3rex has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros;14696557 
Anxious for the day to come where Google rips Apple a new one with their Motorola patents. It would be so epic if they do it JUST before launch to force Apple to do the same they're forcing Samsung to do; recall all iPhone 5s off stores before they're sold.

Don't forget all of the 2G/3G/WiMax/LTE patents that Motorola holds tongue.gif They've been in the phone business for a LONG time. It'd be pretty troll if they forced Apple to remove the phone functionality from their iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky;14696565 
Next up .... Apple Sues someone because their phone also has an antenna fault biggrin.gif

"Faulty antenna design is a patented feature of Apple, Inc. Patent number 7,882,021. All manufacturers with defective antennas are in violation of Apple's intellectual property rights and will be subjected to litigation."

lulz

cool.gifI'm from Long Island, I'm a member of the New Yorker Club cool.gif

Canon 5DII w/ Grip | EF 17-40 f/4L | EF 24-105 f/4L | EF 70-200 f/2.8L | Speedlite 430EX II | AlienBee B800 + Vagabond Mini

OC's: i7 920 3845B260 @ 4713 (air) | i7 920 3943A529 @ 4760 (H50)
Fun Stuff: -=R34P3ReX's OCN Wallpaper Thread=-
post #35 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
Vagrant Storm is on a distinguished road Vagrant Storm is on a distinguished road Vagrant Storm is on a distinguished road Vagrant Storm is on a distinguished road Vagrant Storm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex;14696589 
Don't forget all of the 2G/3G/WiMax/LTE patents that Motorola holds tongue.gif They've been in the phone business for a LONG time. It'd be pretty troll if they forced Apple to remove the phone functionality from their iPhone

After this I don't think it would be troll at all.

You can't troll a troll...you just get even or put them in their place. Or...get them banned.

MINNESOTA OVERCLOCKERS | The Climate Phenomenon
If it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER!!!devil.gif
post #36 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
jjsoviet is an unknown quantity at this point jjsoviet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Motorola's the originator of the mobile phone, so it would be very boss to force Apple into removing any pertinent technology related to radio communications. :3

post #37 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Domino is on a distinguished road Domino is on a distinguished road Domino is on a distinguished road

People in these countries should e-mail their parliament/elected official and complain.
post #38 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough Brutuz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm;14696603 
After this I don't think it would be troll at all.

You can't troll a troll...you just get even or put them in their place. Or...get them banned.

You can troll a troll, and you're just as bad as the original troll.

I'll be unhappy with Google if they do that, but it looks like it will be necessary, I'd rather the competition to be honest. frown.gif

CPU
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro3
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 Nano (1050/550)
RAM
4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300 2TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS
Power Supply
eVGA Supernova P2 650w
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
Operating System
Arch Linux x86-64
Operating System
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition
Monitor
LG 29WK500-P (2560x1080, 75Hz, Freesync)
Monitor
BenQ G2020HD
Keyboard
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue
Mouse
SteelSeries Sensei Professional
Mouse
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX
Audio
Samson Rubicon R6a
Other
NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller
▲ hide details ▲

post #39 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM
PC Gaming Master Race
Stealth Pyros is on a distinguished road Stealth Pyros is on a distinguished road Stealth Pyros is on a distinguished road Stealth Pyros is on a distinguished road Stealth Pyros is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I know. I'm waiting. Desperately. Google is letting Apple do their thing; spend their millions/billions on the iPhone 5 production and marketing. If I were Google, I wouldn't even "settle" if Apple offered a settlement deal. I'd shove my corporate penis so far up their rear it would reach their measly brain's core and they wouldn't know what an iPhone even IS anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz;14696666 
You can troll a troll, and you're just as bad as the original troll.

I'll be unhappy with Google if they do that, but it looks like it will be necessary, I'd rather the competition to be honest. frown.gif

I wouldn't. I'd be in even further support of Google for jumping into the fight and helping the "little" guys (Samsung, HTC, etc.) set Apple straight, though that's near impossible to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield go_quote.gif

Regarding a target audience... pigs roll around in mud and crap all day, they love it, but it's still mud and crap they're rolling around in at the end of the day.
OCN quotes:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoat333 go_quote.gif

LG's best Android phone is like having the shiniest turd.
(So true)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs.exe go_quote.gif

How do you think they are making money? If you have a gmail account or a phone even without gmail on it google has a folder with your name on it with all your life and private information stored. I'm talking about what IP you use to browse the internet to your bookmarks to your most visited website ( Yes, they know you do thumb.gif).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs.exe go_quote.gif

Just grab a real web browser instead. Google is ripping every single data you can give them. I wonder how long they know on you.
doh.gif

post #40 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
dioxholster Level 1

Thats it. I'm angry.

/
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in