[PCG] Nvidia surprised the Titan outsold the year-old GTX 690 in just 3 months. - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[PCG] Nvidia surprised the Titan outsold the year-old GTX 690 in just 3 months.

Closed Thread

post #21 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 181)
if i just did not get married and now have 3 kids i would love a titan . but as it turns out kids are more important then a gpu. Now that the 780gtx seems to be $500 i mite be able to grab that and hand down the 580 to the kids. But i can ez see why the titan sold out great card and no worry about drivers with sli and what could go wrong in that department as i have had in the past and the 690 well good card too but i like single cards , like the 7970 in crossfire would be great but the problem id the whole xfire/ driver problems , but to each there own and i like top of the line or close and that . Now i know my pc is dated but intel and the 4 core cpu i think are all dated and not worth a dam. and amd 8 core are #1 (we all know not in single coding ) but that is where i look into where tech is going. thats why i got a x58 920 and not a 4 core 775 pin cpu (or a pos amd cpu @ the time) But its like i said if you have the cash and what the best yopu will buy it and the ppl that bought the titan wanted it nothing wrong as i see it. so i dont get why to bash some one if the can afford it and gets it just because you and i cant (or did not get it). I made alot of $$ a few years ago i work alot in building trades and now its dead ($18-50/hour). now i cant get a job(in my trade).

side note.. dont even respond to my post just my thoughts. hate all the ocn ppl bashing ppl on the pc parts and not enjoying their stuff. life is short injkoy it while you got it ....

Ps i been drinking smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post

They don't give no specific numbers. No statistics confused.gif
Great Nvidia tactic to brain wash the customers. Persuading customers that single cards should cost this price.

I think they really sold a lot of Titans but it would be nice to have some numbers.

From Valley Thread (More than double)

I would have thought that there might be droves of Titan owners proudly cheering this milestone by Nvidia?
Nvidia sells out its most expensive single gpu, and no rejoicing from the people who bought it in this thread? I am confused.
Not sure if I would be advertising this level of customer excitement and giving myself a pat on the back if I were Nvidia.
post #23 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 37)
It's pretty easy to understand, People who wanted dual gpu setup got two 680 and when the 690 got out they already had it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 266 (Unique: 177)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando666 View Post

I would have thought that there might be droves of Titan owners proudly cheering this milestone by Nvidia?
Nvidia sells out its most expensive single gpu, and no rejoicing from the people who bought it in this thread? I am confused.
Not sure if I would be advertising this level of customer excitement and giving myself a pat on the back if I were Nvidia.

Because the rumors are that GTX 780 is going to be 90% of Titan and cost half as much. If I were a Titan owner I'd be pretty quiet right now too, because if GTX 780 does, by some miracle, end up at $500 Nvidia is gonna pass what Linus gave it onto its Titan customers.

But I don't know why this is surprising. Who the hell would spend $1000 on a dual GPU card that doesn't have enough bandwidth to keep up with 7870 when the bandwidth going gets tough?

You know you're an AMD guy when even your router has 4 cores.
post #25 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post

Because the rumors are that GTX 780 is going to be 90% of Titan and cost half as much. If I were a Titan owner I'd be pretty quiet right now too, because if GTX 780 does, by some miracle, end up at $500 Nvidia is gonna pass what Linus gave it onto its Titan customers.

But I don't know why this is surprising. Who the hell would spend $1000 on a dual GPU card that doesn't have enough bandwidth to keep up with 7870 when the bandwidth going gets tough?

Well, at least Nvidia gets to celebrate alone then tongue.gif
And having the last laugh
post #26 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 101 (Unique: 91)
Makes sense that between two $1k gpus, people would want the one without the potential issues associated with dual-gpus.

i have a hard time justifying a 1k gpu to play my $40 games, but in all honesty if the money was of absolutely no concern, heck yes I would get one. You only live once.

post #27 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:03 PM
WeAreMad! (yup, I'm back)

Rep: 905 (Unique: 620)
Well, made them more money. You're welcome Nvidia, I guess rolleyes.gif

"Rock Bottom Became The Solid Foundation On Which I Rebuilt My Life" J.K Rowling
Mont Blanc 2.0
(9 items)
CPU
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.5
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1
RAM
G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) 2400
Power Supply
EVGA 1300G2
Cooling
Corsair H105
Case
Thermaltake View 71 (diy Snow Edition)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Keyboard
Razor Deathstalker Chroma
Mouse
Razor Deathadder Chroma Elite
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 195 (Unique: 170)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp247365 View Post

Its been a while since we've had video cards that were cpu limited.

Was there sarcasm in that?? I cannot tell... GPUs have been CPU limited for quite some time. Years, actually, because of programming. If one does not believe me, then upgrade your graphics card and and watch an increase. Then use the same graphics card on an older dual core system and then upgrade to a newer quad core system. The increase is substantial. The increase is noticeable even among 2/4/6/8 cores of lately.
post #29 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 249 (Unique: 218)
Not really all that surprising. They're also most likely going to sell a lot of 700 series cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post

A person who wanted more performance than a 7970 could offer back when the titan wasn't out yet. Crossfire doesn't deliver.

post #30 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Not really all that surprising. They're also most likely going to sell a lot of 700 series cards.
A person who wanted more performance than a 7970 could offer back when the titan wasn't out yet. Crossfire doesn't deliver.

That don't apply on my crossfire...

Don't generalized, there's few of us that don't have issue with crossfire....
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in