[AT] Nixeus NX-VUE27D : A 27" $450 WQHD (2560x1440) IPS LED DP-Only Monitor - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[AT] Nixeus NX-VUE27D : A 27" $450 WQHD (2560x1440) IPS LED DP-Only Monitor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
un-nefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,253
Rep: 153 (Unique: 125)
Hi,

You say this one is "designed in the USA", but how can you say that when the only difference in the "design" to the Crossover 27QW is that the Crossover 27QW uses a silver brushed metal strip under the panel and you use a black brushed metal stip under the panel - and your monitor has a different base?

I mean, the panel is the same A- panel, the whole bezel shape and design is identical, even the button layout - just that the Crossover 27QW uses a silver brushed metal strip under the panel and you use a black brushed metal stip under the panel and the Nixeus has a different base...

So are those 2 things the only "design" difference, and the rest (including panel and all internals) is just the same as a Crossover 27QW?

Case in point:
un-nefer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
speedyeggtart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 808
Rep: 35 (Unique: 30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spice003 View Post

One reason why i wouldn't buy this monitor is because it looks cheap, all plastic. Needs more metal(Stand), Make the bezel look the same on all sides and make it thinner. For $450 i expect better build quality!

There is one in the market, I think it is called an Apple Thunderbolt Display made of mostly aluminum/metal and goes for $800 ($400 more)

I don't own this NX-VUE27D monitor, I own the multi-input version and it uses the same stand - it is pretty heavy and solid compared to most other monitor stands I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by un-nefer View Post

Hi,

You say this one is "designed in the USA", but how can you say that when the only difference in the "design" to the Crossover 27QW is that the Crossover 27QW uses a silver brushed metal strip under the panel and you use a black brushed metal stip under the panel - and your monitor has a different base?

I mean, the panel is the same A- panel, the whole bezel shape and design is identical, even the button layout - just that the Crossover 27QW uses a silver brushed metal strip under the panel and you use a black brushed metal stip under the panel and the Nixeus has a different base...

So are those 2 things the only "design" difference, and the rest (including panel and all internals) is just the same as a Crossover 27QW?

Case in point:

The bezel and button layout looks the same - but that is where the similarities end....From what I can research between the two on what is available on the internet: These are the main differences

NX-VUE27D

- LG Display Panel Grade: A and A+

- Input: DisplayPort

- Included Cables: 2 Cable Types = Mini-DisplayPort to Display Port Cable and DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cables Included so it works out of the box with Mac Thunderbolt ports and with all other DisplayPort devices with no need for expensive adapters.

- Height Adjustable stand that can Tilt, Pivot to 90 degrees and swivel left and right.

- 2 Year Warranty (USA)

Crossover 27QW

- LG Display Panel Grade: A-

- Input: Dual Link DVI

- Included Cables: Dual Link DVI Cable

- Stand that Tilts and Swivels

- 1 Year Warranty (S. Korea)


It looks like more than a few... the different input types between the two also indicates the internals are 100% different. thumb.gif
speedyeggtart is offline  
post #93 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 09:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mekpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Rep: 0
Thanks Peter smile.gif Will wait for this
mekpro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Peter Nixeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,616
Rep: 181 (Unique: 119)
Quote:
Originally Posted by un-nefer View Post

Hi,

You say this one is "designed in the USA", but how can you say that when the only difference in the "design" to the Crossover 27QW is that the Crossover 27QW uses a silver brushed metal strip under the panel and you use a black brushed metal stip under the panel - and your monitor has a different base?

I mean, the panel is the same A- panel, the whole bezel shape and design is identical, even the button layout - just that the Crossover 27QW uses a silver brushed metal strip under the panel and you use a black brushed metal stip under the panel and the Nixeus has a different base...

So are those 2 things the only "design" difference, and the rest (including panel and all internals) is just the same as a Crossover 27QW?

I was involved with testing and finalizing the design and parts for the NX-VUE27D...

For clarification - if we are using the "EXACT Same" everything, then our retail prices would be close or the same.

Howewver we are using A and A+ grade panels, different main boards w/ DP input, fully adjustable base stand w/pivot and height, and include two type of DisplayPort cables for compatibility with Mac and PC devices out of the box. We also include a 2 year warranty.

Basically the only thing that is similar is the bezel housing - which is limited to that type of LG panel. We don't use A- or lower grade panels because our North American Retail Partners would not be happy because it is very easy for customers to return monitors due to "extreme back light bleeding" and "more than a few bad pixels."

I hope this answers your question. thumb.gif

Director Product Development
Nixeus Technology, Inc

Peter Nixeus is offline  
post #95 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 02:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ILoveHighDPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,169
Rep: 132 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunreeper View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmew View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Hi everyone,

Thank-you for the posts and comments. I am here to answer any questions or if anyone needs clarification regarding the NX-VUE27D.

Can this do 120 Hz? What can one expect from this monitor in terms of maximum refresh rate?
I can tell you right now it won't be able to do 120hz

Well either way, what people want is to be able to have a 1440p, 1ms, 120 Hz monitor. If it's an ips, which I think is impossible, then that would mean there's actually a company out there who will actually make what people want.

I've heard recently that some people don't like the look of 120hz IPS because of pixel lag. I'm using it just fine and love mine, the colors and contrast of my BenQ XL2410T were atrocious enough that I'll gladly give up a bit in pixel speed to have IPS image quality. As far as I can tell pixel speed doesn't affect the primary benefits of using 120hz anyway (fast motion being rendered more accurately, just move your mouse in a circle quickly and you get the idea).


Peter, thanks so much for being involved in the forums. I think this might be an industry first to have someone from a panel manufacturer talking to consumers.

I guess I have two primary questions for the moment.
1. How much extra does it cost to put 120hz hardware in your panel?
2. Are there any inherent limitations preventing IPS panels from being driven at 120hz? (as noted above, I'm well aware of the pixel speed, and I don't consider that a problem)

From what I can see right now I can't think of any reason that every panel shouldn't be inherently capable of running at 120hz (barring cable bandwidth).
After the Catleap incident we know that some hardware inherently has this capability at no premium, but not all, and that it can be specifically put in place when people want it to. I'm guessing that the reason higher refresh rates were dropped in the first place is there wasn't any specific consumer demand for it, but right now I'm just wondering if there are technical reasons beyond that encouraging everything to run at just 60hz and not higher.
ILoveHighDPI is offline  
post #96 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Peter Nixeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,616
Rep: 181 (Unique: 119)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post

I've heard recently that some people don't like the look of 120hz IPS because of pixel lag. I'm using it just fine and love mine, the colors and contrast of my BenQ XL2410T were atrocious enough that I'll gladly give up a bit in pixel speed to have IPS image quality. As far as I can tell pixel speed doesn't affect the primary benefits of using 120hz anyway (fast motion being rendered more accurately, just move your mouse in a circle quickly and you get the idea).


Peter, thanks so much for being involved in the forums. I think this might be an industry first to have someone from a panel manufacturer talking to consumers.

I guess I have two primary questions for the moment.
1. How much extra does it cost to put 120hz hardware in your panel?
2. Are there any inherent limitations preventing IPS panels from being driven at 120hz? (as noted above, I'm well aware of the pixel speed, and I don't consider that a problem)

From what I can see right now I can't think of any reason that every panel shouldn't be inherently capable of running at 120hz (barring cable bandwidth).
After the Catleap incident we know that some hardware inherently has this capability at no premium, but not all, and that it can be specifically put in place when people want it to. I'm guessing that the reason higher refresh rates were dropped in the first place is there wasn't any specific consumer demand for it, but right now I'm just wondering if there are technical reasons beyond that encouraging everything to run at just 60hz and not higher.

Thank-you for your questions - to clarify we are not a panel manufacturer, we are a monitor manufacturer.

The cost is no different if 120Hz monitors have the same demand/economies of scale as non 120Hz monitors. For an out of the box solution that does not require overclocking - the limitations are still on the available Panel technology and the PCBs required to run them which is dependent on what is available from the panel manufacturers (LG, Samsung, Sharp, etc).

Director Product Development
Nixeus Technology, Inc

Peter Nixeus is offline  
post #97 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ILoveHighDPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,169
Rep: 132 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post

I've heard recently that some people don't like the look of 120hz IPS because of pixel lag. I'm using it just fine and love mine, the colors and contrast of my BenQ XL2410T were atrocious enough that I'll gladly give up a bit in pixel speed to have IPS image quality. As far as I can tell pixel speed doesn't affect the primary benefits of using 120hz anyway (fast motion being rendered more accurately, just move your mouse in a circle quickly and you get the idea).


Peter, thanks so much for being involved in the forums. I think this might be an industry first to have someone from a panel manufacturer talking to consumers.

I guess I have two primary questions for the moment.
1. How much extra does it cost to put 120hz hardware in your panel?
2. Are there any inherent limitations preventing IPS panels from being driven at 120hz? (as noted above, I'm well aware of the pixel speed, and I don't consider that a problem)

From what I can see right now I can't think of any reason that every panel shouldn't be inherently capable of running at 120hz (barring cable bandwidth).
After the Catleap incident we know that some hardware inherently has this capability at no premium, but not all, and that it can be specifically put in place when people want it to. I'm guessing that the reason higher refresh rates were dropped in the first place is there wasn't any specific consumer demand for it, but right now I'm just wondering if there are technical reasons beyond that encouraging everything to run at just 60hz and not higher.

Thank-you for your questions - to clarify we are not a panel manufacturer, we are a monitor manufacturer.

The cost is no different if 120Hz monitors have the same demand/economies of scale as non 120Hz monitors. For an out of the box solution that does not require overclocking - the limitations are still on the available Panel technology and the PCBs required to run them which is dependent on what is available from the panel manufacturers (LG, Samsung, Sharp, etc).

Sorry, I was getting my terminology a little mixed up.

When you say economy of scale, is that global or just within the company? As in, would the parts need to be produced in higher quantity on a global scale to see the equivalent cost, or just for the company to order the equivalent number of units?

If the necessary 120hz compatible PCBs for a given model are available at the same cost as 60hz PCBs, would Nixeus consider moving that model to 120hz as a standard instead of 60hz?
ILoveHighDPI is offline  
post #98 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Peter Nixeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,616
Rep: 181 (Unique: 119)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post

Sorry, I was getting my terminology a little mixed up.

When you say economy of scale, is that global or just within the company? As in, would the parts need to be produced in higher quantity on a global scale to see the equivalent cost, or just for the company to order the equivalent number of units?

If the necessary 120hz compatible PCBs for a given model are available at the same cost as 60hz PCBs, would Nixeus consider moving that model to 120hz as a standard instead of 60hz?

When you say economy of scale, is that global or just within the company? As in, would the parts need to be produced in higher quantity on a global scale to see the equivalent cost, or just for the company to order the equivalent number of units?

Yes, it means the quantity/demanded by consumers and more monitor manufacturers requesting the parts for production = if it is high enough it brings cost lower. For example if the 120Hz is in as much demand as the 60Hz 2560x1440 then the price would be the same. Not within the company, but all monitor manufacturers/companies on a global scale as a whole - because all IPS panels only come from a few sources = LG, Samsung, and Sharp.


If the necessary 120hz compatible PCBs for a given model are available at the same cost as 60hz PCBs, would Nixeus consider moving that model to 120hz as a standard instead of 60hz?

Yes, if it works out of the box - plug and play without the need for overclocking or 3rd party software.

For example G-Snync is one feature we are also considering as it is a feature that works out of the box with the supported hardware.

Director Product Development
Nixeus Technology, Inc

Peter Nixeus is offline  
post #99 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Hukkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dutchland
Posts: 3,716
Rep: 107 (Unique: 76)
+1 rep for your time and enthousiasm to answer our questions. thumb.gif

Is this monitor also available in Europe?



Hukkel is offline  
post #100 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:58 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
zelyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post

+1 rep for your time and enthousiasm to answer our questions. thumb.gif

Is this monitor also available in Europe?

also interested

Zos Kia Cultus: Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Certainty, not faith
Instinct - desire - and will!
Naught in all, all in naught

zelyx is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off