[TPU] Aqua Computer Introduces New RGB LED Controller - Page 23 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TPU] Aqua Computer Introduces New RGB LED Controller

Closed Thread

post #221 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post

Hm one year now... isnt it already time for that software update, that brings proper customisation options?
Apparently not. wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:12 AM
Aqua Computer Staff

Rep: 126 (Unique: 96)
There are several ideas on the to do list incl. an audio analyzer but at the moment several other things have a much higher priority.

I am sure there will be more features in the future but I can not tell any time frame when it will happen.

Got a question or having trouble with your Aqua Computer product?
Contact us via PM or E-Mail.
post #223 of 238 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

There are several ideas on the to do list incl. an audio analyzer but at the moment several other things have a much higher priority.

I am sure there will be more features in the future but I can not tell any time frame when it will happen.

Sorry to necropost on this old thread, but any updates on this a few months later? I don't know why, but I'm oddly interested in the audio analyzer input.

Just upgraded from a Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.5GHz to a Core i5-4670K @ 4.5GHz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 238 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 01:37 AM
Aqua Computer Staff

Rep: 126 (Unique: 96)
We have been working on audio processing lately for another product. It will also serve as good basis to integrate an audio to light interface for the farbwerk but so far I can not tell when this will happen. At the moment there is too much stuff going on with much higher priority.

Got a question or having trouble with your Aqua Computer product?
Contact us via PM or E-Mail.
post #225 of 238 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 09:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

We have been working on audio processing lately for another product. It will also serve as good basis to integrate an audio to light interface for the farbwerk but so far I can not tell when this will happen. At the moment there is too much stuff going on with much higher priority.

Sure, sure, I understand. No worries. You're creating an audio input analyzer, but it's unsure if that technology will be ported into the farbwerk. It's all good, smile.gif Thank you for the speedy reply! smile.gif

Just upgraded from a Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.5GHz to a Core i5-4670K @ 4.5GHz
post #226 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 05:14 AM
Linux Lobbyist

In restrospect I have a little buyer's remorse about the Farbwerk.

Besides the lack of 'color path' control like I really wanted...the different control lanes just don't line up. By which I mean upon powerup they do whatever they were last programmed to do (persistent stored state) but as you are programming each channel to react to a given sensor, they 'start' the action whenever you complete entry for that control...so you want your lighting breathing and changing with temperature? Each strip will be 'breathing' out of sync.

There's no way to sync them in the SW. None. Unless you try by 'hand' to time when you're confirming the command. Very frustrating.
I suppose if you daisychained all of them off one controlled 'lane' you'd get what you wanted...but of course there's both current limitations about how much you can have on any one port of the Farb, not to mention that means routing a whole lot more connective wiring around your case.

Please guys, some updates? Or point out to me where I'm missing something obvious? (Yes, I know I can 'copy' the color settings from one channel to another...but if it's breathing the cycle starts at the time of the paste, it doesn't "slave" them all together.)
post #227 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
There should definitely be a "sync all channels" option box to check, major oversight if there isn't.

I will be installing my farbwerk tonight, I just hope I am not disappointed in the software since being impressed doesn't seem very likely given what I have read about the software.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #228 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

There should definitely be a "sync all channels" option box to check, major oversight if there isn't.

I will be installing my farbwerk tonight, I just hope I am not disappointed in the software since being impressed doesn't seem very likely given what I have read about the software.

Yeah, I'm almost hoping to be called an idiot for not seeing it, seems that basic.

Otherwise the software's not horrible, TBH, just has weird limitations. Have to consider that this isn't software for just the farb, Aquasuite is for everything - fan and pump control, the works. Just seems like in that big suite there are some odd limitations to the farb being a kind of non-mainstream product.

Yes you can set time-based gradients in brightness and color against all sorts of sensor inputs...but color can only go between points along an 'arc' of the color wheel. No simple way to just pick a bunch of RGB points along your own path. The aforementioned "all time based things start NOW" sync option.

Otherwise I'd be 100% satisfied. Funny, in other SW I complain about NOT being able to set things independently. New Saitek Rhino X56 HOTAS for example...can only set "one" LED color for both...but the LEDs on the stick and throttle don't seem to have the same R,B,G brightness so one 'setting' means two different colors in use. I can't fine-tune to get them to the same visible shade. ;-)

Geeks. Never satisfied. biggrin.gif
post #229 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 12:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 35)
I also could just write a post again, about how no updates come, and how nothing the community wants is realised with Farbwerk, and how much it looks like abandonware since release.

But why you aqua guys dont just open up the controlling API, give proper support, and let other applications control the colors too? Like AIDA64 also does with the Logitechs ARX for example. (wich is a ****ty limited API, but anyways)
post #230 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
This probably isn't the best place for this but while I was getting all of my lighting parts together this weekend I noticed that the wire arrangement on the Farbwerk controller is different from the Aquacomputer LED strips, which is also different from the Aquacomputer 5mm RGB LED. I bought all the same brand thinking that they would be wired the same but the arrangement of the red, blue and green wires are different on all three items.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in