[EVGA] New Pro SLI Bridges V2 - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[EVGA] New Pro SLI Bridges V2

post #51 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Z-80 > i9

Rep: 568 (Unique: 398)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Well pixel clock is how fast your frames and monitor refresh rate are being driven. You need about 450MHz Pixel clock to drive 1440p at 120Hz, so I am assuming 540MHz would be 1440p at 144Hz capable. However, the pixel clock is part of the GPU... Not sure why an SLI bridge would be affected by it let alone be required to use a high res + high refresh display. I have never heard before that a bridge itself has an actual pixel clock design spec. For a long time all GPUs has 400MHz RAMDACs that could drive 330MHz pixel clocks (and up to 400MHz unofficially), a while ago both camps went up to 540MHz capable GPUs because of the push to higher refresh rates.

Might be that these bridges can be detected versus normal ones and enable it in the driver. I know the previous ones could have LEDs on eVGA cards.

CPU
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro3
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 Nano (1050/550)
RAM
4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300 2TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS
Power Supply
eVGA Supernova P2 650w
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
Operating System
Arch Linux x86-64
Operating System
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition
Monitor
LG 29WK500-P (2560x1080, 75Hz, Freesync)
Monitor
BenQ G2020HD
Keyboard
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue
Mouse
SteelSeries Sensei Professional
Mouse
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX
Audio
Samson Rubicon R6a
Other
NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 04:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post

I won't comment further on whether or not this is a money grab, but on pure aesthetics alone...these don't hold a candle to Nvidia's own SLI bridges, imo....I have the 2 and 3-way SLI bridges from Nvidia and they're amazing looking. thumb.gif

Agreed

thumb.gif

post #53 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 247 (Unique: 209)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboythagr8 View Post

Agreed

thumb.gif

...Why is the logo mirrored on the bridge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 207 (Unique: 159)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

But please tell us how from a hardware perspective these "have higher pixel clock", because the SLI bridge is nothing more than traces and connectors. It is the GPU itself that has the pixel clocks. What you said doesn't seem to make sense. I can understand if there are multiple revisions of the SLI spec for how the connections should be set up with their signal traces to prevent crosstalk and increase speed between the GPUs, but that would still have nothing to do with pixel clock on the bridge itself.

I guess the wording may need to be clarified. It is the CAPABILITY to run a higher pixel clock. The card dictates the pixel clock, these bridges can support a higher spec than previous gen versions, up to 540MHz. Higher resolution and refresh rates require higher pixel clocks, often over 400mhz.
post #55 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Hardware Rep

I should also mention this may not be an EVGA only feature, there is just no way to tell. Most of the previous SLI bridges were spec'ed at 400MHz, including the first gen of EVGA PRO SLI Bridges.

The cool looking NVIDIA ones are also very likely the new pixel clock spec, same as EVGA V2.
post #56 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 05:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
It sounds like it has either more traces or something to support a higher data rate. I bet this would fix my SLI issue with my overclocked X-Star. I run fine at 96Hz but at 120Hz I get distorted colors and a blurry image. Single card runs fine at 120Hz.
post #57 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeflash View Post

It sounds like it has either more traces or something to support a higher data rate. I bet this would fix my SLI issue with my overclocked X-Star. I run fine at 96Hz but at 120Hz I get distorted colors and a blurry image. Single card runs fine at 120Hz.

Well if this allows be to run my x-star at 120hz instead of the 96hz then i'm sold guess i'll just have to wait till they're reviewed but it seems like fairy dust to me like monster cables that charge 200 dollars that due the same thing 10 dollar cables do. Very skeptical

post #58 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 45)
@JacobF - A couple of questions if I may?

Are these new bridges designed specifically for the Titan X?

With true 4K and DP 1.3 on the horizon, will all this extra pixel power make a huge difference to 4K gaming at hopefully 120Hz?

Or will it just make it all run smoother?

I know my questions may be difficult to answer at this point, but from an R & D standpoint, there must be some evidence to support the move to greater pixel density and the hardware required to push 4K to new higher levels??? wink.gif
post #59 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Hardware Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeflash View Post

Yup, likely. If it works in single card it is likely the bridge.
post #60 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Hardware Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBER-SNIPA View Post

@JacobF - A couple of questions if I may?

Are these new bridges designed specifically for the Titan X?

With true 4K and DP 1.3 on the horizon, will all this extra pixel power make a huge difference to 4K gaming at hopefully 120Hz?

Or will it just make it all run smoother?

I know my questions may be difficult to answer at this point, but from an R & D standpoint, there must be some evidence to support the move to greater pixel density and the hardware required to push 4K to new higher levels??? wink.gif

The bridge is not about performance, at least to my knowledge, it is about compatibility. On a bridge under your needed pixel clock you may get screen blanking or strange visual artifacts while in SLI. Today its rare to see this because it requires a very specific set of variables... like high resolution + 120Hz and specific games.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in