[AMD] AMD Financial Analyst Day 2015 - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[AMD] AMD Financial Analyst Day 2015

post #101 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:26 PM
*cough*Stock*cough*

Rep: 230 (Unique: 200)
I saw the 40% IPC increase over Excavator and the fact its going to be SMT and I started drooling. If they do release an 8 core CPU, I'm definitely going to get one, as at that performance level it would match if not outright beat my Xeon in every area.

And then there's the fact it'll be overclockable. Yeah, its definitely an attractive option for me as my next upgrade.

Carter, can you explain that in *English*?
Leviathan
(17 items)
Cheapshot Reborn
(8 items)
Charred
(10 items)
CPU
Xeon E5-2690
Motherboard
Biostar TPower X79
GPU
PNY GTX 660 2GB
GPU
Dell GTX 645
RAM
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB
Hard Drive
Patriot Pyro 60GB
Power Supply
Seasonic G550
Cooling
Xigmatek Gaia
Case
Xclio Nighthawk
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor
Acer S230HL
Monitor
Lenovo Thinkvision L171
Keyboard
Logitech K120
Mouse
Logitech MX310
CPU
Xeon X5650
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
GPU
Asus GTX 460 1GB
RAM
Gskill PI 3x2GB DDR3-1600
Hard Drive
500GB Western Digital
Power Supply
EVGA 500B 500W Bronze
Cooling
Corsair H50
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU
AMD Phenom II x4 940
Motherboard
M3A78-EM
RAM
G.skill 2x2GB DDR2-800
RAM
OCZ 2x2GB DDR2-800
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 40GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital 1TB
Power Supply
Antec Neo ECO 400W
Cooling
Xigmatek Gaia
Case
Rosewill R102-P-BK Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 503 (Unique: 276)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Well even here in NL in a wel insulated room of decent size it turns into a sauna after a few hours. After gaming all night with friends last weekend my room started at 19C end of the evening it was 23C. So dam hot!

You're disqualified just on general principles. It never cools off during the summer in Florida. We regularly see temperatures of 32c with 80% humidity at midnight, and I don't use AC because it helps with my general health. Late night gaming sessions can literally replace calisthenics as a weight loss program under those conditions.

I take full advantage of it. biggrin.gif

I only understood why my Mother had been so fond of the adage "Bread will always land butter side down" when one day, on a whim, I asked her if I had been born with such a lumpy head or if it came later. - Me.

post #103 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 369 (Unique: 231)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdarkreap3rxx View Post

The hell, 23c is hot? I was playing GTA V a few weeks ago on my two 290X cards on a hot day and my room temperature was 34c (little over 93f).
That's insane I wouldn't last 5 minutes in such a hot room. But yeah I find 23C already extremely hot I'm running a single 290 at that moment. If it got that hot I would open a window or put the house in cooling mode. I'm better with cold weather as I really can't stand hot weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganf View Post

You're disqualified just on general principles. It never cools off during the summer in Florida. We regularly see temperatures of 32c with 80% humidity at midnight, and I don't use AC because it helps with my general health. Late night gaming sessions can literally replace calisthenics as a weight loss program under those conditions.

I take full advantage of it. biggrin.gif
redface.gif
We FL wouldn't be my first choice Colorado seems like a nice state decent temperatures just like here but far less wind. I hate the hard wind NL has since it's located at the coast. (I live near the sea ~5km)

But actually if I move ever in my life when I'm somehow filthy rich I would probably move to some poor country that has no people to annoy me and have a house built in the middle of nowhere.

I recently spotted an island in the Khuvsghul lake located in Mongolia. It seems like a very nice location isolated from the rest of the world in a already almost not populated area. Not really the greatest weather considering the whole lake freezes completely in the cold months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #105 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 305 (Unique: 194)
Yes! 40% more instructions per clock!

8 of these cores will be amazing!
post #106 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 462 (Unique: 340)
Quote:

That's insane I wouldn't last 5 minutes in such a hot room. But yeah I find 23C already extremely hot I'm running a single 290 at that moment. If it got that hot I would open a window or put the house in cooling mode. I'm better with cold weather as I really can't stand hot weather.

I wish Texas was colder, but a lot of the tech sector jobs are over here, so I don't have much choice.... Wish I had the ability to just open my window and cool the house. Two large (don't remember the tonnage) AC units are barely enough to keep the house cool during the summer here. Like they can struggle maintaining 78F (25.5C) during the middle of the summer. 

Honest to goodness, the amount you'd save by moving to AMD here would practically be the difference in the cost it takes to cool the house over the summer. It is that serious of a problem here.

Was kinda hoping the 390X would've had better PPW improvements considering I always like to try both sides of the fence before making my final decision (AMD or Nvidia) every generation of cards I upgrade to.

I hate fanboys/fangirls. You ruin the friendlyshilling atmosphere of OCN./s

post #108 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 176 (Unique: 129)
Quote:

I used to be really fat and anything above 68f would be terrible where I'd sweat like crazy. These days it takes over 90f to feel mildly uncomfortable. Haven't hit any super hot day but I'm sure past 100 I'd start sweating and the heat would be unbearable.

"and the new graphics card on HBO memory chip has recommendations PSU least 700 watts" - Causality1978
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Blameless
"If one more person speculates in this room we're all going to need a shower." - Ganf
post #109 of 283 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 503 (Unique: 276)
I just wanna get rid of my leafblower 290x get-me-by that I had to pick up because of the whole 3.5gb deal. To be honest I've probably already waited too long but the allure of HBM is just too tempting.

I only understood why my Mother had been so fond of the adage "Bread will always land butter side down" when one day, on a whim, I asked her if I had been born with such a lumpy head or if it came later. - Me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in