[videocardz] geforce 1070 for notebooks - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[videocardz] geforce 1070 for notebooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Joaquin Valley, CA
Posts: 4,980
Rep: 220 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

A laptop you can always connect to an external monitor / mouse / keyboard, and when done gaming at home, you can take it with you and play someplace else.
A desktop, you can't.
Exactly. I think I'm at the point, or technology is, where I can go back to the very thing that started my PC experience; the notebook. Would really like an OLED screen though if possible.

OT: Sager is a good brand for some insane laptops with good coling yeah? Sadly I'm only used to OEM stuff like HP, Dell, etc...

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Will shill for Ruger products
heatware


Shogon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Meep
 
Gilles3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 5,071
Rep: 299 (Unique: 220)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Exactly. I think I'm at the point, or technology is, where I can go back to the very thing that started my PC experience; the notebook. Would really like an OLED screen though if possible.

OT: Sager is a good brand for some insane laptops with good coling yeah? Sadly I'm only used to OEM stuff like HP, Dell, etc...

There's only one notebook with an OLED panel, that I know of, the HP Spectre x360, and its a 13.3" ultrabook. It seems like OLED isn't quite there yet for monitor use.

As for sager, its a Clevo reseller. Clevo's are pretty good imo, they offer great price to performance. Build qaulity is decent but basic.

Have recommended them before and the ones that bought them weren't disappointed.
Gilles3000 is offline  
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 11:22 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
iARDAs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Izmir, TURKEY
Posts: 15,618
Rep: 550 (Unique: 350)
How are the Sager laptops better than MSI or Asus?

iARDAs game giveaway thread
iARDAs game giveaway list
PSN: iARDAs
Origin: ArCeyDu
Steam: arda371 nickname ArCeyDu
iARDAs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Zen
 
Kpjoslee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere in US.
Posts: 1,028
Rep: 51 (Unique: 33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

How are the Sager laptops better than MSI or Asus?

I think their high end models are only ones you can upgrade CPUs on your own, since they use standard sockets.

My home PC
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Threadripper 1950x
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7
GPU
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL16
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 840 500GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S TR4
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2711
Monitor
Samsung 55" 4k
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Denon AVR-X3300W
▲ hide details ▲
Kpjoslee is offline  
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 12:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
alawadhi3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 2,817
Rep: 194 (Unique: 152)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

How are the Sager laptops better than MSI or Asus?

Depends on the model for both.

My PC
(22 items)
Aorus X7 DT v7
(11 items)
Home Server
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
Motherboard
ASUS Zenith Extreme
GPU
ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Poseidon
RAM
32GB GSkill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3400MHz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf 10TB ST10000VN0004
Optical Drive
LG 14X BluRay Writer
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i 1000W
Cooling
Bitspower ASUS X399 Monoblock
Cooling
Swiftech MCP35X (Dual DDC) Pump
Cooling
EK X3 250 Reservoir
Cooling
2x EK XE480 Radiators
Case
Corsair 900D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro X64
Monitor
LG C9 55" UHD OLED Smart TV
Keyboard
GSkill KM780R RGB w/Cherry MX Brown
Mouse
Logitech G900
Mouse
Razer ExactMat
Audio
Klipsch RC-52 II Center Speaker
Audio
Pioneer S-RS3SW Subwoofer
Audio
Logitech G35
Audio
Pioneer VSX-930-K Receiver
CPU
Intel Core i7 7820HK
Motherboard
Aorus HM175
GPU
NVIDIA GTX 1080 Notebook
RAM
32GB Kingston Hyper X DDR4 2400MHz
Hard Drive
512GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD
Hard Drive
Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Power Supply
Aorus 255W Power Adapter
Case
Aorus X7 DT v7
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
17.3" AUO 1440p 120Hz TN
Keyboard
Aorus RGB
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X470-Pro
GPU
Zotac NVIDIA GT520
RAM
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive
7x Seagate IronWolf 10TB
Hard Drive
2x Seagate IronWolf 12TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Exos 12TB
Hard Drive
2x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 14TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 16TB
Power Supply
Rosewill Capstone 750W
Cooling
AMD Wraith Spire LED
Case
Fantec SRC-4240X07
Operating System
Windows Server 2019 Data Center
Other
IBM ServeRAID M1015
Other
LSI SAS 9207-8i
▲ hide details ▲


alawadhi3000 is offline  
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Laptop Enthusiast
 
Imglidinhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 9,165
Rep: 447 (Unique: 333)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsan View Post

But this is useless as laptops cant handle the heat or overclock

And yet again you are wrong. smile.gif

Research please!

Also you cannot upgrade CPUs anymore unless it's one of the desktop CPU models. All mobile CPUs have become soldered.

SKYNET Mobile v3.0
(12 items)
Inspiring Greatness
(13 items)
CPU
i7-8750H @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard
Intel HM370
GPU
6GB GTX 1060
RAM
32GB DDR4 2666
Hard Drive
256GB SSD
Hard Drive
500GB Samsung 840 Pro
Power Supply
180w Power Adapter
Case
Tongfang GK5CN6Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
1920x1080 144hz IPS Display
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus
Mousepad
Xtrac Ripper
CPU
Intel Core i5-6300HQ
Motherboard
Dell Proprietary
GPU
4GB Nvidia GTX 960M
RAM
Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz
Hard Drive
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD
Hard Drive
1TB HGST 7.2k HDD
Power Supply
130w PSU
Cooling
Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Monitor
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen
Keyboard
Dell
Mouse
Logitech G602 Wireless
Mouse
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad
▲ hide details ▲
Imglidinhere is offline  
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Meep
 
Gilles3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 5,071
Rep: 299 (Unique: 220)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

And yet again you are wrong. smile.gif

Research please!

Also you cannot upgrade CPUs anymore unless it's one of the desktop CPU models. All mobile CPUs have become soldered.

He was being sarcastic, although it really didn't translate into text well.

Just scroll down a bit, he already replied about it.
Gilles3000 is offline  
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Joaquin Valley, CA
Posts: 4,980
Rep: 220 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

There's only one notebook with an OLED panel, that I know of, the HP Spectre x360, and its a 13.3" ultrabook. It seems like OLED isn't quite there yet for monitor use.

As for sager, its a Clevo reseller. Clevo's are pretty good imo, they offer great price to performance. Build qaulity is decent but basic.

Have recommended them before and the ones that bought them weren't disappointed.

Gotcha. We are probably a few years out until some more notebooks get OLED screens. I'd just like my next desktop, or even laptop, screen to utilize OLED so long as it becomes more widespread and cheaper (which it will, just takes time).

Ahhkay. I have heard of Clevo before, but I was unsure if they were affiliated with Sager or Clevo was their own separate company. Would be nice if they upped the resolution to 1440p on these gaming notebooks. Seems like it is either 1080p or 4k.

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Will shill for Ruger products
heatware


Shogon is offline  
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Meep
 
Gilles3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 5,071
Rep: 299 (Unique: 220)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Gotcha. We are probably a few years out until some more notebooks get OLED screens. I'd just like my next desktop, or even laptop, screen to utilize OLED so long as it becomes more widespread and cheaper (which it will, just takes time).

Ahhkay. I have heard of Clevo before, but I was unsure if they were affiliated with Sager or Clevo was their own separate company. Would be nice if they upped the resolution to 1440p on these gaming notebooks. Seems like it is either 1080p or 4k.

Just a matter of time indeed, my next monitor will be OLED for sure, so hopefully sooner than later.

The reason for the lack of 1440P on gaming laptops ia because there haven't really been many that could handle 1440p properly (Pretty much only the full 980 could). UHD is preferable because you can just run your game at 1080 and have it scale fairly decently to UHD.
Gilles3000 is offline  
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 05:24 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Joaquin Valley, CA
Posts: 4,980
Rep: 220 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Just a matter of time indeed, my next monitor will be OLED for sure, so hopefully sooner than later.

The reason for the lack of 1440P on gaming laptops ia because there haven't really been many that could handle 1440p properly (Pretty much only the full 980 could). UHD is preferable because you can just run your game at 1080 and have it scale fairly decently to UHD.

Yeah that makes sense indeed. It never really crossed my mind to see it that way, but then again I haven't used a laptop as a main PC in over 10 years and a lot has changed.

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Will shill for Ruger products
heatware


Shogon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off