[Asus] The 35" ROG Swift PG35VQ Gaming Monitor Turns HDR and Quatum Dots Up To 200Hz - Page 136 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Asus] The 35" ROG Swift PG35VQ Gaming Monitor Turns HDR and Quatum Dots Up To 200Hz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1351 of 1362 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
axiumone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,721
Rep: 196 (Unique: 159)
For anyone interested. I picked up the acer version. The x35 has the same flickering issues as the asus.

https://youtu.be/W4xd5Yhdd9c

Last edited by axiumone; 10-14-2019 at 04:43 PM.
axiumone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1352 of 1362 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
SilenMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 64
Rep: 0
It looks like the flickering is just overdrive reverse-ghosting.

SilenMar is offline  
post #1353 of 1362 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 09:07 AM
grown up with Amiga
 
Naennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cologne - Germany
Posts: 275
Rep: 52 (Unique: 45)
anyone got any news regarding this issue?

firmware? statement? something?
Naennon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1354 of 1362 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 09:27 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 20,189
Rep: 580 (Unique: 324)
while you've said its from OD, I've seen quite similar recently with just a single GPU. This happens to me in many titles with forced triple buffering. low latency + off fixes it. (assuming you're talking about the reverb effect, and not the flicker)

last title was RDR2 that did this to me.

i assume the flicker only happens when above 100HZ? looked like your OSD said 200hz o.o nvm i'm A DUMB ASS. thought this was about the TUF not 200 Swift.

Quote: Originally Posted by The Robot View Post
The real problem are people who are willing to pay $2500 for a monitor. Fools and their money...
at 55k a year its just under 3 weeks of pay (55K is ~1k a week) 55K a year = fast food manager salary where I live.

my point? It's all relative, and the folks that QQ about price will do so no matter the price. AMD could drop a $700 dollar 2080ti, n folks would be like "over priced, should'a been $500" then the $500 model comes out "too expensive, should'a been $300!"

clearly the correct answer is to blame 700 some billionaires, and expect them to fix and fund everything

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited by skupples; 11-28-2019 at 09:34 AM.
skupples is online now  
post #1355 of 1362 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 11:49 AM
Just another nerd
 
Sheyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So-Cal, U.S.A
Posts: 5,515
Rep: 340 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post

at 55k a year its just under 3 weeks of pay (55K is ~1k a week) 55K a year = fast food manager salary where I live.

my point? It's all relative, and the folks that QQ about price will do so no matter the price. AMD could drop a $700 dollar 2080ti, n folks would be like "over priced, should'a been $500" then the $500 model comes out "too expensive, should'a been $300!"

clearly the correct answer is to blame 700 some billionaires, and expect them to fix and fund everything
Indeed, man up, work harder and you will be able to afford many of the nicer things in life. People should really stop feeling entitled all the time.

CPU: intel Core i9 9900K - 5 GHz all core HT on - 1.26v - Air cooled
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
GPU: MSI Duke OC RTX 2080 Ti - 380w PL BIOS
RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 CL15 (Samsung B-die)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3
CASE: "Open bench" - Stripped down Tt Core X9
Sheyster is offline  
post #1356 of 1362 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 12:50 AM
grown up with Amiga
 
Naennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cologne - Germany
Posts: 275
Rep: 52 (Unique: 45)
Naennon is offline  
post #1357 of 1362 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:37 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
digiadventures's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 365
Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
at 55k a year its just under 3 weeks of pay (55K is ~1k a week) 55K a year = fast food manager salary where I live.

my point? It's all relative, and the folks that QQ about price will do so no matter the price. AMD could drop a $700 dollar 2080ti, n folks would be like "over priced, should'a been $500" then the $500 model comes out "too expensive, should'a been $300!"

clearly the correct answer is to blame 700 some billionaires, and expect them to fix and fund everything

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post
Indeed, man up, work harder and you will be able to afford many of the nicer things in life. People should really stop feeling entitled all the time.
Isn't it better to buy this for the same price ( or $1000 less for 55 version ).

https://www.amazon.com/LG-OLED65C9PU...07NHQ4CXM?th=1

Compared to this tv, this monitor is piece of crap. Much better picture quality, contrast, deep blacks, more vivid colors, much better HDR quality, and it even has gsync and 4k at 120hz

Monitors are overpriced because they are inferior in almost every way to TVs. Its not about earning enough money, its about not wanting to spend my money on inferior product. I hope things will change for monitors in upcoming years, and they will be of the same quality as TVs. For now, they are not even close

Last edited by digiadventures; 12-03-2019 at 07:36 AM.
digiadventures is offline  
post #1358 of 1362 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Just another nerd
 
Sheyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So-Cal, U.S.A
Posts: 5,515
Rep: 340 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by digiadventures View Post
Isn't it better to buy this for the same price ( or $1000 less for 55 version ).

https://www.amazon.com/LG-OLED65C9PU...07NHQ4CXM?th=1

Compared to this tv, this monitor is piece of crap. Much better picture quality, contrast, deep blacks, more vivid colors, much better HDR quality, and it even has gsync and 4k at 120hz

Monitors are overpriced because they are inferior in almost every way to TVs. Its not about earning enough money, its about not wanting to spend my money on inferior product. I hope things will change for monitors in upcoming years, and they will be of the same quality as TVs. For now, they are not even close
I believe skupples said he was planning to buy a C9 in another thread related to LG and Nvidia now supporting VRR for that model. I am going to wait for the next D9 iteration. I thought 4K was limited to 60 Hz though?

CPU: intel Core i9 9900K - 5 GHz all core HT on - 1.26v - Air cooled
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
GPU: MSI Duke OC RTX 2080 Ti - 380w PL BIOS
RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 CL15 (Samsung B-die)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3
CASE: "Open bench" - Stripped down Tt Core X9
Sheyster is offline  
post #1359 of 1362 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:28 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
digiadventures's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 365
Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post
I believe skupples said he was planning to buy a C9 in another thread related to LG and Nvidia now supporting VRR for that model. I am going to wait for the next D9 iteration. I thought 4K was limited to 60 Hz though?
According to this video its 120 Hz

I am just sad we are forced to use tvs as monitors, atleast for me not a single monitor in the world no matter the price meet my standards, atleast when I know better is possible such as these new oled tvs.

digiadventures is offline  
post #1360 of 1362 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Just another nerd
 
Sheyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So-Cal, U.S.A
Posts: 5,515
Rep: 340 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by digiadventures View Post
According to this video its 120 Hz
What I meant to say was it only supports VRR (is G-sync compatible) at 4K60 and possibly also at 2K120 (2560x1440). The panel fully supports 120 Hz but the firmware for VRR does not, as far as I know.

CPU: intel Core i9 9900K - 5 GHz all core HT on - 1.26v - Air cooled
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
GPU: MSI Duke OC RTX 2080 Ti - 380w PL BIOS
RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 CL15 (Samsung B-die)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3
CASE: "Open bench" - Stripped down Tt Core X9
Sheyster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off