[Asus] The 35" ROG Swift PG35VQ Gaming Monitor Turns HDR and Quatum Dots Up To 200Hz - Page 138 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Asus] The 35" ROG Swift PG35VQ Gaming Monitor Turns HDR and Quatum Dots Up To 200Hz

post #1371 of 1378 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 12:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by Seyumi View Post
Only took 7 months and after a newer/better model was already announced (the 32" 4k 144hz HDR 1400 one). Going in the right direction but I jumped off the "gamerz" LCD train and went onto OLED and I'll never look back no matter what.
I had lcd before oled I can't just give up on lcd I would actually miss it somewhat if I only used strictly oled but that's just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1372 of 1378 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 02:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Glad they finally released the fix and definitely happy I can update the firmware myself without having to send it back to Asus.
post #1373 of 1378 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 01:31 PM
Acrylic cases

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Just owned this monitor, really impressed by the 1000 nits peak but unfortunately as many of you I have the flickering/vertical lines/inversion artifacts issues.

I just updated the firmware but the issues still there...

Any thought?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1374 of 1378 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 05:48 AM
Acrylic cases

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
According with Blur Busters this panel, at least mine but idts, suffer of what's called "inversion artifact", this behaviour generate faint visibile vertical lines, most visible during horizontal motion in solid colored pattern.

This test show of this issue:
https://www.testufo.com/photo#photo=...uit=0&height=0

I think this behaviour is common with high refresh rate G-Sync monitor, in fact my old PG279Q suffer for the same issue (though my previous Acer X34 don't suffer at all, maybe LG's panel vs AUO's panel idk) but with a 2500€+ price tag this is unacceptable, as this thing ruin totally the experience.
post #1375 of 1378 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 12:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
tried a search and couldn't dig anything up. Or maybe I'm just tired and effed it up lol. Anywho, has anyone had issue with the fan on this monitor ramping up to full speed when the monitor is turned off? Seems like an issue as the fan does not turn back off. Asus wants me to send it back in for "repair" and I am trying to avoid that if I can as I don't have much fath in getting it back any time soon, or even fixed.

Thanks in advance
post #1376 of 1378 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 02:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by badkarma3059 View Post
tried a search and couldn't dig anything up. Or maybe I'm just tired and effed it up lol. Anywho, has anyone had issue with the fan on this monitor ramping up to full speed when the monitor is turned off? Seems like an issue as the fan does not turn back off. Asus wants me to send it back in for "repair" and I am trying to avoid that if I can as I don't have much fath in getting it back any time soon, or even fixed.

Thanks in advance
I had the same problem, the fans were still working after the monitor was turned off, but all you need to do is to turn on> Display Port Sleep Mode> On / Hdmi Sleep Mode> ON In in the settings options, and the problem persists, the fans are still working about 15-30 sec after turning the monitor off and turning off.
post #1377 of 1378 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 02:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Goofy Flow View Post
Just owned this monitor, really impressed by the 1000 nits peak but unfortunately as many of you I have the flickering/vertical lines/inversion artifacts issues.

I just updated the firmware but the issues still there...

Any thought?
For me, after the firmware upgrade everything has been fixed and it's ok, no flickering and other problems.
post #1378 of 1378 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 06:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blejd View Post
I had the same problem, the fans were still working after the monitor was turned off, but all you need to do is to turn on> Display Port Sleep Mode> On / Hdmi Sleep Mode> ON In in the settings options, and the problem persists, the fans are still working about 15-30 sec after turning the monitor off and turning off.
Tried this and it worked. After approx. 1 minute the fans shut off. Thanks for the info
+rep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in