[Wccftech] LG’s 2019 OLED TV 4K@120hz VVR HDMI 2.1 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Wccftech] LG’s 2019 OLED TV [email protected] VVR HDMI 2.1

post #11 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Robotic Chemist
Asmodian is an unknown quantity at this point Asmodian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
Been waiting for this. Will pick up the 55" model next year.
Yes! The C9 55" will be mine!

3) Slideshow for Wallpaper that changes every 30 min and I keep ~ 10-15 pictures. I change these regularly.
I use most of your techniques as well except OLED pixels like to be off, not just a different color, so I use a pure black desktop all the time.

4) Turn it off when I leave the room.
I set a Blank screen saver with a short timeout for this reason, though making sure not to leave open things that block it is important.

I addition I use it at a fairly low brightness (100nits, ~22/100) so burn in is a lot slower. I have been very happy with a C7 55" as my main desktop monitor, except the refresh rate is too low.

Can anyone find a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 cable/adapter? Is it <$1000?

Last edited by Asmodian; 01-03-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 10:07 PM
New to Overclock.net
Swolern is on a distinguished road Swolern is on a distinguished road Swolern is on a distinguished road Swolern is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
2018 already had 120hz @4k but without hdmi 2.1 it was for internal apps only. Good to see they are going with the vrr standard instead of something silly like gsync.
Give me either this OLED with Gsync or an AMD VRR card with 2080ti performance. I dont really care which one.
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Robotic Chemist
Asmodian is an unknown quantity at this point Asmodian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by Swolern View Post
Give me either this OLED with Gsync or an AMD VRR card with 2080ti performance. I dont really care which one.
So True. Or Nvidia could even support this, now ubiquitous, VRR standard.

They will have to at some point right? With Intel and Xbox et al. on board it seems inevitable now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Linux Evangelist
Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point

YAYY!!!!!!!

I may not have to buy a cheap tv. I may be able to get a 43in with HDMI 2.1.

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

If it's not coming out for the PC, it's dead to me.
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 11:06 PM
New to Overclock.net
Ferreal Level 1

Boring... where are the 8k OLED?

post #16 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 11:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
ChiTownButcher Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
So True. Or Nvidia could even support this, now ubiquitous, VRR standard. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG]

They will have to at some point right? With Intel and Xbox et al. on board it seems inevitable now.
I keep praying Gsync does and that VRR becomes the standard. So sick of the NVidia/Intel tax and how NVidia "LOCKS" you into their GPU for GSync and jacking up prices. What are you going to do buy another monitor with each GPU upgrade?... No, and they know that so if you have a GSync monitor not only did you pay $250.00 more for the refresh tech but you just handcuffed your self to NVidia and their excessive prices.

And this is coming from someone who has ONLY owned NVidia/Intel but if the Zen2 rumors are true that will change.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Linux Evangelist
Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post
I keep praying Gsync does and that VRR becomes the standard. So sick of the NVidia/Intel tax and how NVidia "LOCKS" you into their GPU for GSync and jacking up prices. What are you going to do buy another monitor with each GPU upgrade?... No, and they know that so if you have a GSync monitor not only did you pay $250.00 more for the refresh tech but you just handcuffed your self to NVidia and their excessive prices.

And this is coming from someone who has ONLY owned NVidia/Intel but if the Zen2 rumors are true that will change.
I think that it's a fair bet that Zen2 will match Intel on performance (FINALLY) and beat Intel on price. For a year or two-ish. I think that it's also a fair bet that NVIDIA will maintain the performance edge over Navi, but that Navi will be cheap enough to risk on buying two of them, which might pay off if AMD can get the Sony to go with Vulkan and and a design that forces dual GPU support from the devs. Whatever AMD can get Sony to lock into the PeasantStation is what the devs will be stuck supporting for the next five-ten years.

As for this TV, this could be my next computer monitor. I would prefer this feature set in a 43in QDOT, and there's no guaranty that LG will make one of these in the 40-43in size range, but hey maybe Dell, ASUS, and Samsung will. For now, I have a Samsung UN43NU7100FXZA in my Amazon shopping cart. It has the best input lag and color range in that price range.

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

If it's not coming out for the PC, it's dead to me.
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Graphics Junkie
UltraMega Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
2018 already had 120hz @4k but without hdmi 2.1 it was for internal apps only. Good to see they are going with the vrr standard instead of something silly like gsync.
One. 2018 had one true 120hz 4K TV, the Wasabi Mango. Any other TV advertising 120hz or higher is not actually 120 frames per second but rather just post processing interpolation. I for one have been waiting for more of these to start coming out so hopefully a ~$500ish one can eventually come along once these become more wide spread.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-04-2019, 01:30 AM
New to Overclock.net
dna-systems Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post
Dang. And here I am with the wrong video output (DP). Again

Edit: Is that wood paneling? They are marketing to the wrong people on this one.
HAHAHAHAHA...wood paneling. Good eye. That literally made me laugh for 5 minutes. "trailer trash trim" - Well played sir...

dna-systems
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦

post-flame-small.gif Sandy Bridge-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif

[Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club
OCN Water Cooling Club
"When you get to the point where you think your $hiT don't stink...a rat will die in your turd"
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Unread 01-04-2019, 03:41 AM
News Fiend
ryan92084 Level 1

Hope for the latter.

Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
One. 2018 had one true 120hz 4K TV, the Wasabi Mango. Any other TV advertising 120hz or higher is not actually 120 frames per second but rather just post processing interpolation. I for one have been waiting for more of these to start coming out so hopefully a ~$500ish one can eventually come along once these become more wide spread.
Untrue according to every source I've seen. As an example
Quote:
While these OLEDs do not yet have direct 120Hz from external sources, they are capable of playing 4K 120fps HFR streams. I can confirm that these are genuine HFR videos, rather than interpolation — spinning helicoptor blade demo looked correctly 120fps.
https://www.blurbusters.com/first-im...on-4k-lg-oled/

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 8
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in