[Wccftech] LG’s 2019 OLED TV 4K@120hz VVR HDMI 2.1 - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Wccftech] LG’s 2019 OLED TV [email protected] VVR HDMI 2.1

post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 05:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107
As tempting as these 2019 sets are i think i'll keep my C7 a year longer. I got it for a steal last year when 2018s came out and realistically its just used for streaming shows or consoles where 60hz is all you need. My PC would struggle to hit 120hz at 4k in most games other than competitive stuff, but playing on a 55" TV isn't great for competition either so here's hoping that we get some 27-32 inch oled monitors at least next year. I'll even upgrade my S2417DG to an LCD but i still want it to be 32" and 144hz, but sadly only 27" options are available with that flavor, and the freesync XV273K has a high minimum brightness as well as poor response times for a 144hz monitor so it was a no go for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 06:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13
Quote: Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post
As tempting as these 2019 sets are i think i'll keep my C7 a year longer. I got it for a steal last year when 2018s came out and realistically its just used for streaming shows or consoles where 60hz is all you need. My PC would struggle to hit 120hz at 4k in most games other than competitive stuff, but playing on a 55" TV isn't great for competition either so here's hoping that we get some 27-32 inch oled monitors at least next year. I'll even upgrade my S2417DG to an LCD but i still want it to be 32" and 144hz, but sadly only 27" options are available with that flavor, and the freesync XV273K has a high minimum brightness as well as poor response times for a 144hz monitor so it was a no go for me.
Wait a little and get the 77" OLED prices will come down. I know my 65" C7 is already shrinking. I don't see a point jumping on the HDMI 2.1 TV bandwagon until videocards and receivers are at least on board as well.
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 06:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by t1337dude View Post
Wait a little and get the 77" OLED prices will come down. I know my 65" C7 is already shrinking. I don't see a point jumping on the HDMI 2.1 TV bandwagon until videocards and receivers are at least on board as well.
Why would i want to go bigger? I abhor the 55" size of the C7 i have, i want to have an optimally sized 4k monitor on a desk which is my preferred way to play/consume content. a 32" 4k monitor with 140ppi would make good use of the 4k resolution whilst looking much sharper than 24" 1440p. My room isn't setup for a giant TV to be the centerpiece, if it was then going bigger could be nice, but i still prefer sitting closer to a smaller display.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 06:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 114
If you've got a C7, and not at all using it for 4K HDR content.... What the hell are you even thinking? :O

post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 173
Quote: Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
If you've got a C7, and not at all using it for 4K HDR content.... What the hell are you even thinking? :O
Autocal, and HDMI 2.1. Both are very significant for me.
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Good to know. The input lag is still the best in class, though.

But still hoping that LG goes to the 43in panel size with this feature set specifically to try and sell to those of us looking for PC monitors. It's more likely that they stop at 55in inches, but still hoping.
Have a bad feeling about this.

43 might become a new territory for expensive large monitors when it should've been aggressively priced smaller TVs.

I don't think there will be any high end sub 50"/55" TV this 2019 with HDMI 2.1.

Last year LG had SK8000 (2 steps down below top of the line non OLED LG tvs) which was a mediocre/sub-par TV that goes only as small 49" and doesn't have 120hz.

We'll get there eventually though, for all cheap tvs. Just a matter of time.
post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 173
Quote: Originally Posted by tubers View Post
Have a bad feeling about this.

43 might become a new territory for expensive large monitors when it should've been aggressively priced smaller TVs.
I worry about this too.

Dell could easily release a 42"4K OLED monitor for 5000 USD with similar specs to this TV but without the tuner/smart features. 😞

This would probably be 2020 or later, we need someone to make OLED panels <55" too.
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 06:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I worry about this too.

Dell could easily release a 42"4K OLED monitor for 5000 USD with similar specs to this TV but without the tuner/smart features. &#x1f61e;

This would probably be 2020 or later, we need someone to make OLED panels <55" too.
JOLED is on the call

post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 08:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 695
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
I think that it's a fair bet that Zen2 will match Intel on performance (FINALLY) and beat Intel on price. For a year or two-ish. I think that it's also a fair bet that NVIDIA will maintain the performance edge over Navi, but that Navi will be cheap enough to risk on buying two of them, which might pay off if AMD can get the Sony to go with Vulkan and and a design that forces dual GPU support from the devs. Whatever AMD can get Sony to lock into the PeasantStation is what the devs will be stuck supporting for the next five-ten years.

As for this TV, this could be my next computer monitor. I would prefer this feature set in a 43in QDOT, and there's no guaranty that LG will make one of these in the 40-43in size range, but hey maybe Dell, ASUS, and Samsung will. For now, I have a Samsung UN43NU7100FXZA in my Amazon shopping cart. It has the best input lag and color range in that price range.
It's last years model but I currently have this in my cart.

Samsung NU6900 43" 4K Motion Rate 120 LED TV UN43NU6900FXZA (2018)

It's not too shabby for a do everything display and not as expensive as a 2019 model.

~Ceadder

CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard
Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
GPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
RAM
Corsair Dominator
RAM
G. Skill Ripjaws X
RAM
G. Skill
Hard Drive
x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0
Optical Drive
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Power Supply
Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular
Cooling
Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2)
Cooling
Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir
Cooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silent Fans
Cooling
EK Supreme HF Classified
Cooling
Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink
Cooling
Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink
Cooling
Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing.
Cooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings
Cooling
EK Dual DDC V2 top
Cooling
EK Thermosphere GPU Block
Cooling
EK Thermosphere GPU Block
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM
Monitor
Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen
Keyboard
Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know what I'm going to replace it with.
Mouse
Logitech g9x
Mouse
COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad
Audio
Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers
Other
Creative X-Fi
Other
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3
CPU
Intel
Motherboard
Dell
GPU
XFX 5770 HD Radeon
RAM
GSkill Ripjaws
Hard Drive
Seagate
Optical Drive
Dell
Power Supply
Dell 430w
Cooling
Stock
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Professional?
Monitor
HP
Keyboard
Dell
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in