[TH]Save Zero Dollars By Opting for Intel's iGPU-Crippled CPUs - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TH]Save Zero Dollars By Opting for Intel's iGPU-Crippled CPUs

post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Sexagenarian
pony-tail Level 1

IGPU is like a spare tyre .. Handy to have when you need one !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 01:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Does the F series has anything beneficial? I mean, does it OC better or runs less hot because of the removal of the iGPU?
Not according to the article, also it 's supposedly just disabled.
Removing it or cutting it, I don't see how not having something that isn't active with a dedicated card would offer any benefit of any kind.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 01:52 AM
New to Overclock.net
guttheslayer is an unknown quantity at this point guttheslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by SightUp View Post
I would still pay the same for the iGPU removed because it would give me peace of mind knowing there isn't another component that I have to turn off via BIOS, can mess up, take away thermally from my overall overclock. I wish they would do this with their main line of CPU's.
TBH that is considered a recycled bad dies and should be charged cheaper.

Its like charging the GTX 1080 Ti the same price as Titan Xp despite the Ti having 3584 cores vs the full 3840.

Intel is more greedy than Nvidia. As usual

Quote: Originally Posted by bmgjet View Post
Get ready to see the normal chips slowly creep up even more in price above the rrp.
Heh, let that occurs so that Ryzen 2 will crush them completely with their $200-$300 8 Cores CPU.

Last edited by andrews2547; 01-14-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:38 AM
New to Overclock.net
Hwgeek Level 1

LOL, as it seems - the Midrange Ryzen 5 with cheap Wraith Spire stock cooler gonna beat the 9900K that needs 200W AIO cooler and high end Z390:-).
post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 03:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by Hwgeek View Post
LOL, as it seems - the Midrange Ryzen 5 with cheap Wraith Spire stock cooler gonna beat the 9900K that needs 200W AIO cooler and high end Z390:-).
A 9900k doesn't need any of those things, especially considering there is an air cooler that matches almost every CLC. Also CLCs aren't rated for TDP or in any other way really.
I'm sure AMD's 7nm CPUs will beat comparable Intel chips but that doesn't make blatant fanboism cool.

@guttheslayer
I wouldn't say that just yet. Until RTX features are proven in a wide array of games that matter, they're just up-selling you on rejected Pro parts. This only stops being an issue when they provide an alternative as not every one is going to want to pay that much more for a GPU if they don't even care about the features if they do work.
Like me...If I want to upgrade to a new 1080 I now have to spend $300 more on it even if I don't want and won't use RTX. RTX feature are along the lines of things I'd disable if they have a performance hit and the game looks just as good without it.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 03:53 AM
Overclocker
JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by kakik09 View Post
I guess a P-series revival (P67) of motherboards without video outputs is out of the question I wouldn't mind an iGPU-less CPU + mobo combo if it were cheaper.
That's what people are suggesting to Intel for ages, to ditch iGPU = reduce die size and drop prices.

Quote: Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Does the F series has anything beneficial? I mean, does it OC better or runs less hot because of the removal of the iGPU?
It's the same die as any other model. It's not a removal the iGPU is disabled is all. They want to sell more dies at higher prices is all, instead of scrapping them due to bad iGPU portion of the die. If you are not actively using the iGPU it doesn't matter much if it's there or not, having larger die is beneficial minimally.
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
twitchyzero Level 1

slow news day at Tom's?

seriously, find a bigger problem to cry about.

oh noes, Intel kept $25 for themselves, instead of passing off the savings to an OEM. So greedy!

are you looking for further discount on a $117 chip?

people buy $1500 Threadrippers without iGPU, do you see them whining?

Nvidia Surround Gaming
My PC Hardware Upgrade CyclesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU: Athlon 1.3GHz | Core 2 Duo OC'd 2.0GHz | Core i5-3570K OC'd 4.8GHz
RAM: 2x256MB DDR-333MHz | 2x1GB DDR2-667MHz -> 2x2GB DDR2-800MHz | 4x4GB OC'd DDR3-2133MHz
GPU: GeForce2 MX 64MB -> Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB | Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB | GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB SLI OC'd
post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Performance is the bible
Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
It's the same die as any other model. It's not a removal the iGPU is disabled is all. They want to sell more dies at higher prices is all, instead of scrapping them due to bad iGPU portion of the die. If you are not actively using the iGPU it doesn't matter much if it's there or not, having larger die is beneficial minimally.
It doesn't matter much or doesn't matter at all?
The OC, thermals, stability, are all 100% the same between the F and normal version?

post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:53 AM
I want my rep back :(
octiny Level 1

Lol Intel is so out of touch.

Jack the Ripper
(7 items)
CPU
2950x 4.225 @ 1.4v w/ EK Supremacy Rev. 2 block
Motherboard
Asrock X399M
GPU
Vega 64 @ 1710/1150 w/ EK Supremacy water block
GPU
Vega 64 @ 1710/1150 w/ EK Supremacy water block
RAM
XPG D10 32GB DDR4 @ 3400MHZ
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1300W
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C Mini
▲ hide details ▲
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 10:46 AM
New to Overclock.net
doritos93 is an unknown quantity at this point doritos93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would they drop the price, there are kids in this very thread willing to pay for nothing, actually prefering to pay for nothing

Intel should start a Patreon if they need donations, but I guess it's easier just to force them out of (gullible) consumers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in