[Various] ‘Flexgate’ might be Apple’s next MacBook Pro problem - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Various] ‘Flexgate’ might be Apple’s next MacBook Pro problem

post #41 of 44 (permalink) Unread 01-24-2019, 08:33 PM
I want my flames back
magnek is on a distinguished road magnek is on a distinguished road magnek is on a distinguished road magnek is on a distinguished road magnek is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
It's not so much that it can do something that Windows can't, it's that they do things in different ways. Different UX, UI, different programs, different design in general. Some people prefer the way OS X does things, and others Windows.

Personally I'm somewhere in the middle. I had an iMac and dual booted Windows for many years so I've used both extensively. I really like the way OS X is and I like it a bit better than Windows, though Windows 10 has caught up a lot compared to 7. I ultimately ended up switching to PC because the cost of a system that runs OS X is not worth it anymore (to me). In fact, even if I could legally run OS X on PC hardware, I'd probably keep my setup the way it is now, as dual booting doesn't suit me anymore.

- 4930K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus X79-Deluxe
- MSi 980 Ti Gaming @ 1500/8000
- 4x4 GB Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz
- 2x 850 Pro 2TB
- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850W
- Phanteks Enthoo Primo
- Custom watercooling (420+360+240)
- XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Unread 01-25-2019, 06:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
CrazyHeaven is an unknown quantity at this point CrazyHeaven is an unknown quantity at this point

To be fair I wouldn't be happy at all if I had this issue. I remember the hp laptop I bought that had the gpu failures. Was glad the class action lawsuit went through.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Unread 01-30-2019, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net
Muezick Level 1

-

Hi,

I work in a laptop repair shop in a small town (50k pop) and we have seen three Macbook Pros (all 13" 2016) with this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Unread 01-30-2019, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net
SwitchFX Level 1

This new generation of Mac products under Cook have been terrible. I bought the new MBP with the touchebar, about 80% maxed out when it first came out to use at work in conjunction with my desktop in my office. It's on a ventilated stand and I use an external mechanical keyboard, because that was the only decent option at the time. I have a ventilated cover sitting on the keyboards; so no dust. It's been chugging along just fine, but the latest round of issues plaguing the MBP line has me concerned whether or not my extended Apple Care was worth my money.

Fortunately, I have a few employees of mine wanting it since I expressed wanting to jump ship, so I may be able to recoup some of the cost. Money isn't a concern; a failing product is. I needed OSX/MacOS to run some Apple specific only software but in the period since I've managed to find better Windows alternatives. I'll likely buy an HP Xeon mobile workstation AKA a big laptop and use that at work.

Say what you want about profit exploding under Cook, but the dude is a number's guy. His short stint at Compaq had devastating effects for a couple years. The fact is there's more product problems under Cook's helm. He is the John Sculley of the current.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in