[TechPowerUp] New Noctua Thermal Compounds (plus cleaning wipes) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TechPowerUp] New Noctua Thermal Compounds (plus cleaning wipes)

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 627 (Unique: 411)
I've used NT-H1 for years and love it ... haven't reseated my CPU cooler in about 2.3 years and just as good today as the day I built it (6700K daily @4.7ghz) ... I will certainly be trying the new pastes once I ever have to reseat ... LOL ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:44 AM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
https://www.bitsandchips.it/9-hardwa...n-test?start=4
http://www.pcekspert.com/clanak/brzi...scw1-maramice/
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...02#post5268202

Looks to be better than NT-H1 by a minimal 1°C at least with Ryzen 7 [email protected] (1.375V) and i7-8700k.

The margin is larger with Threadripper 1950X @ 4GHz (xtremesystems review) where the performance difference is about 1.7°C.

edit: also hwcooling testing with varying powers and found it only showed more than 1.7°C improvement at 300W+

https://www.hwcooling.net/bohyna-tep...ua-nt-h2-sk/3/

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Last edited by AlphaC; 02-21-2019 at 11:59 AM.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
So basically and to their credit, exactly as advertised.

I've got to say i started off with a really negative bias towards Noctua.. i found most of their fans over-rated in terms of performance, their prices inexcusable given the alternatives.
While i still feel this way in regard to (most of) their fans, i've come to view the iPPCs as an exception, a marked one. Have slowly replaced everything i had with them and no regrets. If anything, i wish they made a similar off shoot for the 92mm variety

Fast forward it a bit and for reasons i won't bore you with, i'm contacting their service on behalf of another and am blown away by the speed and quality of the response; a bit closer to the present and i need to replace my own cooling system, finally decide to go with a Noctua for a change.
Let me just say i sold my Thermalright the next day and haven't even the slightest inclination of switching or even trying anything else out; well, until an NH-D16s comes out

Still have my gripes (then again, no one's perfect), see fans above; but i can say they've proven -to me personally- that they can be reliable and that's a tall order alright. I respect that a lot.
Re-li-a-ble. The opposite of being in need of assistance and having someone asking you to "pleez say whats your problem"; again that is, 'cause you've already explained it.

Pride, honour and purity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 16)
Not sure about the wipes. Usually I just use coffee filter and some rubbing alcohol.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:38 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Don't forget about the Cooler Master Mastergel Maker Nano, it's up there at the top, and about the same price as the others.

Or the king of TIMs itself: iHen-Tech GD900 (amazon/ebay), GD store GD900 or just GD900 (aliexpress), which is the best bang for your back thermal paste in the world. 30g - 3.5 eur/$4 for 4.8W/mK it's a bit worse than MX-2, but not by much.

Last edited by Dogzilla07; 02-22-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in