[Swiftech]Swiftech Boreas DIY Liquid Cooling Kits are out! - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Swiftech]Swiftech Boreas DIY Liquid Cooling Kits are out!

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 22)
At this price thought it was up there fully configured it'll be well over $750 cad

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 03:37 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Quote: Originally Posted by essanbee View Post
You gonna cool a 15K rig with an entry level loop?
The prices are not entry level. This is probably one of the most expensive AIO/CLC. Not everyone wants to build a custom loop for every PC even if it costs 15k.
It's a fair question, what's their warranty and policy for leaks?
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 03:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Only reason I ask is I had a Ekwb Predator. Just wondering incase something happens again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 04:34 AM
News Fiend

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Don't worry you can configure the 120mm with a few easy options to cost $400.

Swiftech is out of their mind as always.
Unless I'm missing something that would be for the 360 version with every single extension

The prices are not entry level. This is probably one of the most expensive AIO/CLC. Not everyone wants to build a custom loop for every PC even if it costs 15k.
It's a fair question, what's their warranty and policy for leaks?
Well its a kit not an AIO and certainly not a CLC. If the fans and new rads are any good it isn't a bad deal at all really. Priced right in the middle of EK's Liquid and Performance kits.

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 05:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

If I'm not mistaken single 120 mm means single 120mm like the ones you get fir hybrid GPUs unless single dont6mean what it used to.

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 24)
Hi guys,

Yes, the Boreas Series is NOT an AIO/CLC. It is a Do-it-yourself kit, warranty on individual components vary from 2 to 3 years as it's always been with us.

And yes, the first drop down on the configurator is the radiator size (also the number of fans included), and single means the smaller radiator (Hydrae 120GT specifically) and we also offer dual and triple.

any question let me know, I'll try to keep an eye of this thread in case there is any question; and I'm also present on our discord.

cheers,
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Any chance at a 420/480 rad?

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Yeah OK so it's not a prebuilt prefilled then, my mistake. Why on earth would anyone buy a kit when they can choose individual parts then that fit their needs, desires and hardware, maybe this "kit" fits someones but it seems rather limiting considering how many custom cooling options there are.
Their webpage certainly isn't the cleanest to understand. DIY KIT for me means a kit that is prefilled with quick disconnect hoses, so anyone even a complete newbie can buy a kit and parts from the series and connect it at home without having to bother with fluids.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 12:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Yeah OK so it's not a prebuilt prefilled then, my mistake. Why on earth would anyone buy a kit when they can choose individual parts then that fit their needs, desires and hardware, maybe this "kit" fits someones but it seems rather limiting considering how many custom cooling options there are.
Their webpage certainly isn't the cleanest to understand. DIY KIT for me means a kit that is prefilled with quick disconnect hoses, so anyone even a complete newbie can buy a kit and parts from the series and connect it at home without having to bother with fluids.
DIY Kit means buy parts and do it yourself not a closed loop, These kind of DIY kits are becoming more and more popular example look here: http://www.performance-pcs.com/complete-kits
These style of kits are for those who want a loop but not 100% sure what to buy or for newbies like me who want something already package for there first time trying to do watercooling, a lot of people do not know what they are looking for at first even with help from websites and talking to people so it makes it easier to just buy a kit like these, which if you get the right one you could always expand in the future.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have a similar kit, EK L360. It does a great job with my 5820k and 1070, and it has worked well for a couple years now. It's pretty mind boggling initially to figure what all matches what to do a loop for the first time, these kits make it pretty simple. I also got a EK water block for my 1070. Now that I have built a couple loops I wouldn't have any issues getting all the right parts. I also think in the EK case it works out cheaper to get it all together, than seperately.

On that note once you get the larger radiator and compression fitting options, this seems to work out more expensive than the EK L360 kit by a good bit. Are any of the main components (CPU block, radiator, pump) that much better?

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in