[CNET] Samsung Unpacked 2019 Event features several new devices coming soon... - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[CNET] Samsung Unpacked 2019 Event features several new devices coming soon...

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
MegaTechPC

Rep: 1091 (Unique: 517)
SuperSaf did a nice camera comparison between the S10+ and the XS Max today. You can check out the video and judge for yourself:

I personally find the colors to be a little better on the iPhone, while the overall contrast seems to be better and more punchy on the Galaxy (at least with the rear cameras). The steady-shot stabilization on the S10+ is absolutely incredible and delivered a really stable and near-motion-free video even while he was running (the feature can only be utilized at 1080p recording though). Both cameras were very good at the portrait mode stuff, with each suffering from just a couple of hiccups here and there, but the AI stuff should continue to improve the algorithms going forward.

Samsung continues to provide superior low-light performance on their cameras with the dual-aperture setup they released last year on the S9. It really is quite amazing how good the shots are, despite being taken in near pitch black conditions. Interestingly, the front-facing dual-cameras on the S10+ didn't provide a superior performance to the iPhone's single lens setup IMO which is a shame. I really wish Samsung had used the same single-lens setup on the Plus as they did with the regular S10 as it really doesn't seem to add anything while also making the hole-punch in the screen twice as large as it needs to be. I personally wouldn't even care if my phone didn't have a front-facing camera, but I know I am in the vast minority on that one.

Overall it looks like the S10's have a very competitive lineup of cameras with a ton of features and configurations that compare very well to the iPhone XS Max anyway. Will be interesting to see more in-depth camera tests between the S10+ and other phones like the Pixel 3XL...

3DMark11 - P25138
3DMark Firestrike - P20998

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

Last edited by Majin SSJ Eric; 02-23-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 71)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kpjoslee View Post
If you put bezeless screens on both front and back, I don't think there will be any areas to put the screws for various components to hold inside.
They just glue on the s*** on nowadays anyways, what makes this different?

Pricing is Apple esque, trying to match profits now too XD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in