[G3D] Nvidia Ends 3D Vision And Mobile Kepler Support - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[G3D] Nvidia Ends 3D Vision And Mobile Kepler Support

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Posting

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
[G3D] Nvidia Ends 3D Vision And Mobile Kepler Support

Quote:
Critical updates will continue to be provided by the company until April 2020. With driver version 418, Nvidia also supports support for mobile Kepler GPUs . The Kepler architecture can be found in a large number of laptop cards from Nvidia, from the 600 series to even some 800 and 900 models.
Barely news i know but it seems official now. the whole platform never had much support.

RIP 3d vision, longlive VR and Vorpx

source: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nv...r-support.html

CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
MSI AM4 B450I Gaming Plus AC
GPU
MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM
Patriot Viper 4 2x8gb 3000mhz
Hard Drive
500gb Mushkin Source M.2
Hard Drive
1tb Mushkin Source SSD
Power Supply
Corsair CX 650
Power Supply
2016 International Prostar 2200w Inverter
Cooling
Coolermaster LC120E AIO
Case
Silverstone Sugo13
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Insignia 43" 4K HDR
Monitor
Samsung Odyssey+
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by nonametoclaim; 03-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 8)
Wonder if lightboost will stop working when 3D vision is removed?

Oh well, good excuse to finally upgrade display.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 04:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I don't know how VR which is harder to handle went ahead of 3D. I just got into 3D vision this past weekend and this news just happened. Damn shame.

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz HT
Asrock X58 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti BE SC
Corsair RMS 750W
LG C6 4K 3D OLED 55", Potalion 1440p Korean IPS "glossy panel", Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Posting

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by junglechocolate View Post
I don't know how VR which is harder to handle went ahead of 3D. I just got into 3D vision this past weekend and this news just happened. Damn shame.
not sure what their compatibility list looks like now a days, but for the couple of years that i used it the list was pathetic, and pretty misleading. ironically as per the thread this was with my 680

sometimes it would force an aspect ratio then stretch it to 16:9, some games would only render the shadows or HUD in 3d leaving the rest of the environment flat. colors would invert, frames would overlap themselves causing a cross eyed effect. i mean there were a few games that it worked fairly well on. shadow of mordor for instance ran pretty well. waves was entertaining, but the majority of the games i wanted to play in 3d, typically being something in the first person aspect, never ran properly.

as per VR its a little different when the development team aims the end product in the right direction, and yes it does take more to run it, but man when they get it right it feels so good. i find it hard not to smile while playing space pirate trainer. to me VR is the staple for "recommended hardware" where most of us just skim past this information anymore on most games. 1060/580/980 for the majority of games will yield an excellent experience. i think the big thing here is you have several different developers (including valve, google and microsoft) and manufacturers (htc, samsung, acer, ect) all trying to bring the best experience. little different than buying into the sub 1% of team green.

IMO its also your best chance at getting the girlfriend or wife into the game with out the "im doing this for you" sigh

Now vorpx on the other hand, now thats a game changer... and where that ridiculous performance hit people think of when someone brings up VR comes into play. but for $40 its given me everything i ever wanted from nvidia 3d vision, my favorite games rendered in a true 3d environment.

CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
MSI AM4 B450I Gaming Plus AC
GPU
MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM
Patriot Viper 4 2x8gb 3000mhz
Hard Drive
500gb Mushkin Source M.2
Hard Drive
1tb Mushkin Source SSD
Power Supply
Corsair CX 650
Power Supply
2016 International Prostar 2200w Inverter
Cooling
Coolermaster LC120E AIO
Case
Silverstone Sugo13
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Insignia 43" 4K HDR
Monitor
Samsung Odyssey+
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by nonametoclaim View Post
not sure what their compatibility list looks like now a days, but for the couple of years that i used it the list was pathetic, and pretty misleading. ironically as per the thread this was with my 680

sometimes it would force an aspect ratio then stretch it to 16:9, some games would only render the shadows or HUD in 3d leaving the rest of the environment flat. colors would invert, frames would overlap themselves causing a cross eyed effect. i mean there were a few games that it worked fairly well on. shadow of mordor for instance ran pretty well. waves was entertaining, but the majority of the games i wanted to play in 3d, typically being something in the first person aspect, never ran properly.

as per VR its a little different when the development team aims the end product in the right direction, and yes it does take more to run it, but man when they get it right it feels so good. i find it hard not to smile while playing space pirate trainer. to me VR is the staple for "recommended hardware" where most of us just skim past this information anymore on most games. 1060/580/980 for the majority of games will yield an excellent experience. i think the big thing here is you have several different developers (including valve, google and microsoft) and manufacturers (htc, samsung, acer, ect) all trying to bring the best experience. little different than buying into the sub 1% of team green.

IMO its also your best chance at getting the girlfriend or wife into the game with out the "im doing this for you" sigh

Now vorpx on the other hand, now thats a game changer... and where that ridiculous performance hit people think of when someone brings up VR comes into play. but for $40 its given me everything i ever wanted from nvidia 3d vision, my favorite games rendered in a true 3d environment.
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/10...y-updated.html all those games

A lot has changed

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz HT
Asrock X58 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti BE SC
Corsair RMS 750W
LG C6 4K 3D OLED 55", Potalion 1440p Korean IPS "glossy panel", Dell Ultrasharp U2515H

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in