[TPU] Noctua Presents NH-U12A Premium Class 120mm CPU Cooler - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TPU] Noctua Presents NH-U12A Premium Class 120mm CPU Cooler

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Otherworlder
 
epic1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,186
Rep: 214 (Unique: 122)
Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
Width wise, air coolers come pretty close on the big ones to touching cards in the top PCI-E slot. This most likely means it still doesnt cover that slot area. Not that it matters much since most motherboards do not locate a 16x slot at the top, but rather a 1x slot and then a 16x. So spacing for most boards is fine even if it were to cover slot 1
most mATX boards have a full x16 on the 1st slot, its extremely rare for them to put it on the 2nd slot with the 1st being x1.
which is pretty ironic considering that mATX needs such configuration the most, with the GPU blocking one or more slots below it.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.
epic1337 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Overclocker
 
JackCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,035
Rep: 300 (Unique: 219)
Price? Probably way too high as in twice as competing products while offering at best similar performance/noise.
Noctua is nuts with their pricing. Putting in 1-2 more heatpipes as desired doesn't cost +$60 extra.
JackCY is offline  
post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 10:27 AM
I <3 narcissists
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,051
Rep: 208 (Unique: 132)
At that price they need to sell a fanless version.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲


bigjdubb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:19 AM
 
The Robot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,185
Rep: 126 (Unique: 79)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
At that price they need to sell a fanless version.
At the very least it should include noise blocking tech they showcased some time ago.

Main
(17 items)
Nintendo DS
(8 items)
CPU
6700K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
RAM
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3000
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 3TB
Power Supply
EVGA 650 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Cooling
Nanoxia Deep Silence 140mm
Cooling
Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm
Case
Corsair 400Q
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS 1440p
Keyboard
Leopold FC750 (MX Brown)
Mouse
Logitech Performance Mouse MX
Audio
Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Rev. B Combo
Audio
Audio-Technica ATH-A990Z
CPU
ARM946E-S 67.028 MHz
CPU
ARM7TDMI 33.514 MHz
RAM
4 MB
Hard Drive
256 kB
Power Supply
850 mAh
Operating System
DS OS
Monitor
3" 256×192 18-bit
Monitor
3" 256×192 18-bit
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by The Robot; 03-22-2019 at 03:06 PM.
The Robot is online now  
post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Otherworlder
 
epic1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,186
Rep: 214 (Unique: 122)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Price? Probably way too high as in twice as competing products while offering at best similar performance/noise.
Noctua is nuts with their pricing. Putting in 1-2 more heatpipes as desired doesn't cost +$60 extra.
its the fans, the NH-U12S fan (NF-F12) only costs $20, where as TWO A12x25 costs a wooping $60.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/b2v...e-fan-nff12pwm
vs
2x https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zxx...-nf-a12x25-pwm

so if we take the NH-U12S and replace the fan with two A12x25, then add one more heatpipe on it you'd get $100.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.

Last edited by epic1337; 03-22-2019 at 02:12 PM.
epic1337 is offline  
post #16 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
DNMock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3,272
Rep: 161 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
Maybe they mean it'll not over hang the top pcie slot nearest to CPU? Mine is on way

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Makes sense. Generally use ATX or E-ATX boards so that's never been something I've had to really consider.


DNMock is offline  
post #17 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Overclocker
 
JackCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,035
Rep: 300 (Unique: 219)
Quote: Originally Posted by epic1337 View Post
its the fans, the NH-U12S fan (NF-F12) only costs $20, where as TWO A12x25 costs a wooping $60.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/b2v...e-fan-nff12pwm
vs
2x https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zxx...-nf-a12x25-pwm

so if we take the NH-U12S and replace the fan with two A12x25, then add one more heatpipe on it you'd get $100.
A fan costs 5 USD/EUR, unless you buy overpriced ones with Noctua written on them that are also made in China.
Might as well buy NH-D14 etc. at same price as this small 120mm cooler, or at half price a competing cooler.
Noctua loves to sell their stuff at 2x+ prices compared to others when their products aren't anything special and often have the German speaking countries "premium" beige-brown color motive. Aka the worst fan and cooler color scheme in history of PC cooling.
JackCY is offline  
post #18 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Shadowarez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Arctic Canada
Posts: 1,845
Rep: 24 (Unique: 21)
It's a good thing color doesn't dictate performance then.

But seriously this rgb b's needs to die in a fire. Having taken over every aspect of the Pc is nuts.

I prefer my Pc not to show scream 12 yr vigirn who plays fortnite. But rather the styling of say a lincon commercial. But theta.

Just my preference in style my corsair 1000D case isn't riddled with the RGB aids and it looks amazing minum lighting from the Apex board with vertical mounting Vega.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Shadowarez is offline  
post #19 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Otherworlder
 
epic1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,186
Rep: 214 (Unique: 122)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
A fan costs 5 USD/EUR, unless you buy overpriced ones with Noctua written on them that are also made in China.
Might as well buy NH-D14 etc. at same price as this small 120mm cooler, or at half price a competing cooler.
Noctua loves to sell their stuff at 2x+ prices compared to others when their products aren't anything special and often have the German speaking countries "premium" beige-brown color motive. Aka the worst fan and cooler color scheme in history of PC cooling.
i know right? they could've gotten it much cheaper with a single fan too, push-pull wouldn't add much to it's performance as opposed to being nearly 50% more expensive.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.
epic1337 is offline  
post #20 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 03:31 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 132
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
It's a good thing color doesn't dictate performance then.

But seriously this rgb b's needs to die in a fire. Having taken over every aspect of the Pc is nuts.

I prefer my Pc not to show scream 12 yr vigirn who plays fortnite. But rather the styling of say a lincon commercial. But theta.

Just my preference in style my corsair 1000D case isn't riddled with the RGB aids and it looks amazing minum lighting from the Apex board with vertical mounting Vega.
NO ?, go back to less choice, just no. I feel like people are more offended, mad at the fact that it exists at all, and how they're shown to look in marketing videos articles, than the product itself(and how it actually looks like running). If you don't like wild colors, set your RGB fan set to 1 color that you want or none. And you can change to another single color any time down the road you get a different colored motherboard/case or similar.

Or buy a ring-like RGB fan will a uniform opaque dark or light color frame and keep it shut down. If performance hit is small, and you can customize them to what you want, what's the problem ?

Last edited by Dogzilla07; 03-23-2019 at 03:35 AM.
Dogzilla07 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off