[TPU] Noctua Presents NH-U12A Premium Class 120mm CPU Cooler - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TPU] Noctua Presents NH-U12A Premium Class 120mm CPU Cooler

post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:05 AM
Otherworlder

Rep: 218 (Unique: 126)
Quote: Originally Posted by Dogzilla07 View Post
NO ?, go back to less choice, just no. I feel like people are more offended, mad at the fact that it exists at all, and how they're shown to look in marketing videos articles, than the product itself(and how it actually looks like running). If you don't like wild colors, set your RGB fan set to 1 color that you want or none. And you can change to another single color any time down the road you get a different colored motherboard/case or similar.

Or buy a ring-like RGB fan will a uniform opaque dark or light color frame and keep it shut down. If performance hit is small, and you can customize them to what you want, what's the problem ?
i wish they'd at least add a toggle switch to turn the lights off, but most of them don't.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 04:33 PM
Meep

Rep: 303 (Unique: 223)
Looks like a nice cooler, but that price is mad. Its going to need some pretty incredible performance to warrant a €100 price tag.

Its also really tall for a 120mm class tower, meaning it'll have to be compared to a lot of 140mm towers. It'll have some tough competition.
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:00 AM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
Looks like a nice cooler, but that price is mad
Agreed, wouldn't even consider this and never mind the case/enclosure

However you gotta look at it their way; downsizing.. trend is to cram it all in in as tight a space as possible. If they can sell you something that is """equal""" to "140 coolers" (read: with sub-par RPM as is also the trend today, otherwise no, not even close) and can fit in a smaller case.. folks will probably buy it ^^
Plus, opinions about their new fans aside (i maintain, fervently, that they're also not worth it), they must have cost them a lot, R&D mainly, plus the more expensive materials (which is also in doubt, but whatever). I cannot know how many they're selling and whether they're happy with said sales. So packing them with a cooler that follows today's trends is a pretty good move for them, helps clear that inventory.

I'd have personally prefered a NH-D16 and a corresponding NH-D16s; about time too. Sadly, that's not where the focus is today. Just have a look at the build logs here.

* Ironically, Thermalright just announced their Silver Arrow revision B.! Though performance-wise, it appears nothing's changed on that front, so, yeah.

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 03-24-2019 at 03:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 22)
I'm downsizing from a corsair H150 Pro can't stand way it looks I'm current rig. And adding 8 GT 120s to top of my case help exhaust heat.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:52 AM
Iconoclast

Rep: 3135 (Unique: 1869)
Price is understandable given the fans it comes with and it should have extremely good performance for it's size. I'd definitely consider it for a system where water was impractical or undesirable.

However, I also want to see a new top-end cooler. A 140mm, version with two fin stacks, each of the same surface area to as this cooler, would surely be impressive.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 22)
It'd be cheaper to go custom at that point

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:55 AM
Meep

Rep: 303 (Unique: 223)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
However you gotta look at it their way; downsizing.. trend is to cram it all in in as tight a space as possible. If they can sell you something that is """equal""" to "140 coolers" (read: with sub-par RPM as is also the trend today, otherwise no, not even close) and can fit in a smaller case.. folks will probably buy it ^^
That kind of a terrible argument for this cooler, as its about as big as 140mm class coolers. This won't fit in smaller cases.

Just for reference, at 158mm tall, its only 1 measly mm shorter than the 159mm tall Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT. And its even just 2mm shorter than their own NH-D15(S).

Its slightly less wide, but the RT and 15S are offset to the point that width doesn't matter much anyway.

That's why I said it'll have some tough competition, because its about the same size as some of the best 140mm coolers.
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Otherworlder

Rep: 218 (Unique: 126)
arguably, their NH-D9L equipped with a 120mm fan is great, its compact yet impressively capable.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.
post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:45 AM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
That kind of a terrible argument for this cooler
I'm not the one making it! That's what they said, lol. Check out their official video too, it's not implied, it's stated
(and yeah.. i know. Again though, perception is king. And perception, alas, is always shaped)

But anyway, my sole interest in this is of the academic kind; stripped of those fans and fitted with a pair of 3K iPPCs, how would it fare at 2300-2400ish? Given the actual cooler improvements that is (an extra heatpipe does not necessarily mean much, but coupled with the new fin spacing, am more than happy to assume said slight improvement).

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 03-24-2019 at 07:49 AM.
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Now I want some sort of Core 500 or node 304 revision to accommodate a big air m-itx build with 9900K and triple slot 2080 Ti. Long live the shoebox design... Only if Josh from NFC (S4M) or Necere (Ncase M1) would entertain the idea of designing something along those lines...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in